Sheffield Vulcan cycling Club

Can anyone remember anything about the Sheffield Vulcan Cycling Club?

My Grandfather used to be a member and won trophies in the (I think) 1920s.

I can not seem to find anything out about where they were situated, started

or disbanded.

• 12 years later...
  • nikki-red changed the title to Sheffield Vulcan cycling Club
  • Vaati locked this topic
  • nikki-red unlocked this topic
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The Vulcan Cycling Club had their HQ at Totley at the back of the Spitfire Pub on Mickley Lane but disbanded due to world war ll.  

My Mother and Father, Charlotte and Arthur, were members and successful in Club competitions. 

The owner of the cycle shop that was a few shops passed the baths on Attercliffe Road was a member and I think his name was Murratt.  Norman Goodchild, who became a Sheffield Councillor, was also a member.

We had a few of the Club Trophies at home and they went to someone who wanted to arrange a history of Sheffield Cycling but were never returned.  I'd love to know if they are still around in some Cycling collection.

"The owner of the cycle shop that was a few shops passed the baths on Attercliffe Road was a member and I think his name was Murratt"  This was Gem cycle shop.The son is Ted Murat who was in the Sheffield Sports CC in 1950s and still rides  with the Sheffield district of CyclingUK.

On 25/03/2022 at 17:06, Terry Egginton said:

The Vulcan Cycling Club had their HQ at Totley at the back of the Spitfire Pub on Mickley Lane but disbanded due to world war ll.  

My Mother and Father, Charlotte and Arthur, were members and successful in Club competitions. 

The owner of the cycle shop that was a few shops passed the baths on Attercliffe Road was a member and I think his name was Murratt.  Norman Goodchild, who became a Sheffield Councillor, was also a member.

We had a few of the Club Trophies at home and they went to someone who wanted to arrange a history of Sheffield Cycling but were never returned.  I'd love to know if they are still around in some Cycling collection.

Is that the Terry E who played outdoor bowls some 15 years back or so