University new student

There's loads of new private owned halls in the city centre which are stumbling distance to Hallam. Hallam's own halls are off Eccelsall Rd (at Collegiate Cres) which is a popular road for bars, shops & restaurants -

Depends on your tastes as for the best pubs. The big chain pubs/bars are mainly up on west st on the side of the city centre towards shef uni. There are a lot of popular student pubs along ecclesall rd.

There's plenty of more trad & quirky pubs & the odd independent bar (in fact a couple of Sheffield's "institutions" like the Fourm & Halcyon are independent bars) scattered around if you're into something different...

Depends what you're looking for. The actual student houses in Norfolk Park are quite run down, but there's a great atmosphere because you can just stroll in to your neighbours' or mates' houses. I stayed there in my first year and I miss the social aspect even though it was a dump! I had mates who stayed in Charlotte Court and Exhange Works etc and although their rooms were clean and modern with en-suites they didn't get chance to meet as many people as they were kind of restricted to their own unit. Best thing is to go and check them out for yourself.

Archived