Names of "houses" in Sheffield schools

I went to Hunters Bar school

and we had Loxley (Blue) Porter Red) Rivelin (Green) and Sheaf(Yellow)

Loxley, Porter and Rivelin all used to support each other because everyone hated Sheaf ! For some reason all the really elite kids who were good at everything used to be in Sheaf.

Although this was posted about 18 months ago, this thread seems to have reappeared, and i noticed this post.

I was in Sheaf and we won next to nothing! Certainly no elite. I only remember Porter always being last.

ash

• 2 weeks later...
The old Eckington Grammar school now demolished to mak way for Morrisons at Halfway. The house wereSherwood(purple) Peveril(green) Chandos(red)and Ferrers(yellow).Peveril always seemed to win everything in my time

I remember those houses from Westfield Comp. Don't think that was demolished for Morrisons though, surely its on the opposite side of the road from Westfield School? Wonder if the other Westfield School at Mosborough still has "houses"

At King Ted's in the '50s the School Houses had the names of stately homes, or dukes, I'm not sure which. There were eight of them. I remember Arundel, Chatsworth, Haddon and Wentworth - I'm not sure of the names of the others. I wonder if KES still has them.

I went to Huntsman's Gardens and the lad who was the smartest in our class was called Beverley Crapper. He went to King Edwards in the early '50s and I often wonder what happened to him. Anyone out there with any clues? Frank

Hi went to hillsborough where they were names of local streets Warner ,Willis ,Wynyard and Dixon that was late 60's early 70's. Then at chaucer from 73/79 where they were steel firms Hallam(blue),Mapin(Yellow), Firth(green) and Osbourne(red).