Names of "houses" in Sheffield schools

Yes I am. Do you still know any of the old swimming crowd?? I did meet Brian Day and his wife when they were over here (I live in Mallorca) but heard he since died, Donñ´t know whatever happèned to all the others, Do you remember Ssylvia Revell? I´m still in touch with her, She lives in Grimsby

Do you remember me, I was known as Steve or Stevo, I remember you and there was Lorna, Dinah and Cynthia, I remember a few more faces but the names have gone, there was also Maurice who was quite a bonny lad, He attended the same school as me but I lost touch with him many many years ago. I remember Sam Lauder and Bill the attendants. I joined Sheffield Dolphins but had to give it up to go to night school and after that started courting and swimming went out of my life. They were happy times, times I will always cherish. I visited Majorca in 1997, stayed in Caan Pastilla but the Med is too hot for me. I still live in Sheffield and bought a modest house in Totley, my career was in the printing trade until I retired, Best wishes Wendy.

• 1 month later...
Hemsworth primary school had: Chantrey, Landseer, Gibbons and Constable - all very arty. When I went to Gleadless Valley Secondary Modern, they took a more ornithological approach with Falcon, Kestrel, Hawk and Merlin. At the time no one knew what the hell a Merlin was (it’s the UK’s smallest bird of prey as it turns out). Hawk, on the other hand, was far too general a term and describes a whole family of raptors, not a specific bird. No wonder we ended up learning nowt, even the teachers were thick

Update to that - Hemsworth later had Chatsworth (red), Haddon (green), Hardwick (blue) and Thoresby (yellow).

• 2 weeks later...

dos enyone know or remember, sandra cuts. she lived on cundie street(walkley),in the 70s.and dos enyone remember the mangan family. thay lived at 122 hole street.dos enyone know marcia richards,she went two st john fisher school at woodhouse around 1973-79

Edited by Benita