Names of "houses" in Sheffield schools

Emmanuel school in early nineties had riverlin (red), loxley (yellow), porter (blue) and moss (green).

Riverlin used to win every week and it was a close call between moss (I was in) and porter who got the wooden spoon, saying that most people who I remember to be in riverlin are now complete charisma bypasses so its justice served really!

• 3 weeks later...

We had Haddon, Hardwick, Wentworth and Chatsworth at Athelstan We also had a sports day at the end of the year. We also had aeroplanes in the cloakroom which went on wires, the more housepoints you got the further the plane went. The winner got a cup.

We had Haddon, Hardwick, Wentworth and Chatsworth at Athelstan We also had a sports day at the end of the year. We also had aeroplanes in the cloakroom which went on wires, the more housepoints you got the further the plane went. The winner got a cup.

When were you there? When I went to Athelstan the houses were Strines, Riverlin, Derwent, dont remember the other, possibly Windsor. You are right about the planes along the corridor where the coats were hung, I left in 1966.

i went to City School, Stradbroke we had "houses" of Tudor, Lancaster, York cant remember the other one!!

I went to whitby rd school, we had houses too namely : hamptons, cravens, ellisons and hadfields, theve all gone now, i wonder today would they call houses after soaps, eastenders, emerdale. corrie and home and away, perish the thought.:confused:

• 3 weeks later...