Names of "houses" in Sheffield schools

I went to Birley when it was just infants & juniors - we had Nuffield (green), Hutton (yellow), Duke (red) and Hillary (blue). Didn't have any houses at Frecheville by the time I went there.

Thanx, was just racking my brain trying to remember what these houses were!

I attended Mansell Middle school, 70's/80's and we had Normans (red), Saxons (blue), Danes (yellow)and Celts (green), was a Saxon but always wanted to be a celt as I liked green! Schools don't do the house thing anymore which is a shame, as it was good fun earning house points!

Couldn't be bothered to look through ALL of the posts so apologies if someone has already put this on:

Mosborough Junior and Infants had:

Scott (blue)

Raleigh(yellow)

Cook(green)

Drake(red)

• 2 weeks later...

I was also at Mansel Middle schol in the early/mid 70s. I was a Dane (yellow) and ended up being the House Captain in the final year I was there. I can always remember having to go up to the stage with the girl house captain for the Danes (sorry, can't remember who that was) for the little trophy if the house had scored the most points in the previous week.

Good times, it's a shame they don't do things like anymore.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whitby Rd Junior, steel works!: Hamilton, Cravens, Ellison(?) and I can't remember the one I was in but it began with H! I was captain (girl) of my house in 1965. Desperately jealous of Marilyn Dunn who got the Head girl job and always wore pretty dresses AND had punnets of strawberries to eat in the summer time! Oh the alzheimers left for a second...it was Hadfields!

Whitby Rd Junior, steel works!: Hamilton, Cravens, Ellison(?) and I can't remember the one I was in but it began with H! I was captain (girl) of my house in 1965. Desperately jealous of Marilyn Dunn who got the Head girl job and always wore pretty dresses AND had punnets of strawberries to eat in the summer time! Oh the alzheimers left for a second...it was Hadfields!

who are you then i was marilyn dunns class. rosemary siddall susan highfield just a few names for you