Names of "houses" in Sheffield schools

The four hourses are High Storrs are currently called Crucible, Lyceum, Merlin and Montgomery, after the Sheffield Theatres buildings.

I wonder how the kids in Merlin house feel, being the only ones whose theatre has closed down. Merlin sounds better I suppose than Lantern I suppose which would be the other choice.

• 2 months later...
Notre Dame High School 1967-1974. Cuvilly (Red), Compiègne. Picardy and Blessed Mère Julie. I was in Cuvilly so not sure of the other colours - Compiègne maybe yellow, Picardy green and BMJ blue.

Ours were based on childhood-Wendy,Andy-Pandy,Noddy,and Kindergarten.:hihi:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Woodhouse County Juniors - Balmoral (yellow) Conway (blue) Windsor (green) ...can't remember the other castle (red)!

One of my senior schools (either Beaver Hill or Newfield Girls) had Redmires, Rivelyn, Derwent and Strines.

balmoral,conway windsor and warwick(red)happy days at woodhouse county,mr wilkinson,headmaster,one of the finest and fairest blokes i,ve ever met.my first day,mornin playtime thought it was hometime ,over the gate and home to junction rd!class teacher miss jenkins never said a bad word just couldn,t understand,said i,d been"as good as gold",always remember her.