Songs you want to hear on the Gay Scene

malecat

I prefer the kind of music they play in Halcyon, or when they have a DJ in Ruskins, I'm not sure what kind of music that is, kind of dance but not chart dance, a bit indie perhaps.

I'm realy not bothered about hearing 80's pop (ie. Erasure), camp "classics" (ie. Hazel Dean) or anything that has a dance routine associated with it (ie. Steps).

I want to hear new music, not the same crap week after week.

1.) I will survive - Gloria Gaynor

2.) YMCA - The Village People

3.) I'm too sexy - Right said Fred

4.) Comin out - Diana Ross

5.) Anything by Kylie

I'm sure you've all realised my answer was a 'little' tongue in cheek. Do gay men have a different taste in music to the rest of us mere mortals? I would have imagined that a pesons taste in music is defined by their personal rather than sexual preference?

I prefer the kind of music they play in Halcyon, or when they have a DJ in Ruskins, I'm not sure what kind of music that is, kind of dance but not chart dance, a bit indie perhaps.

I'm realy not bothered about hearing 80's pop (ie. Erasure), camp "classics" (ie. Hazel Dean) or anything that has a dance routine associated with it (ie. Steps).

I want to hear new music, not the same crap week after week.

If you like the music in Halcyon then check out the Muse Bar on West Street on a Saturday (when they have a live DJ on that is) !!! Fab, Fab, Fab.

I'm sure you've all realised my answer was a 'little' tongue in cheek. Do gay men have a different taste in music to the rest of us mere mortals? I would have imagined that a pesons taste in music is defined by their personal rather than sexual preference?

Good point, I like some of "your" song choices but I have a very wide music remit and enjoy different styles of music. My fav artist is Rufus Wainwright and I love indie but would never expect a DJ to play my music all night. There is more than me in the world, mix it up for everyone to enjoy.

Good point, I like some of "your" song choices but I have a very wide music remit and enjoy different styles of music. My fav artist is Rufus Wainwright and I love indie but would never expect a DJ to play my music all night. There is more than me in the world, mix it up for everyone to enjoy.

'Hides under hood and prepares for bombardment'.

Having read a few threads on here recently it seems the gay scene in Sheffield is at risk of imploding. Arguements about venues, music policys, door policys etc seem to be the norm. Trust me, the so called 'straight' scene shares many of the same problems. I think 'our' aim is to go out and have a good time, whatever you may consider that to be. Unfortunately Sheffield seems to have lost its party vibe and is either disappearing up its own backside or going completely the other way and mass marketing itself to the 'chav' element of dance like a d!ckhead to cheese and R&B all night then go have a fight. Sheffield needs a true party night. One where like minded people be it gay, straight, animal lover or whatever can turn up, have a great time and smile about it in the morning. I know it sounds like a bit of a Utopia but these places used to exist.

Sheffield needs a true party night. One where like minded people be it gay, straight, animal lover or whatever can turn up, have a great time and smile about it in the morning. I know it sounds like a bit of a Utopia but these places used to exist.

I think Climax used to be like that, and that monthly night in the City Hall ballroom.

Rufus Wainwright's latest release "Release The Stars" is a excellent CD. Shame he is not at the City Hall again on the forthcoming tour :(

Roll on the Autumn and his Judy Garland Show CD/DVD !!

Rufus Wainwright's latest release "Release The Stars" is a excellent CD. Shame he is not at the City Hall again on the forthcoming tour :(

Roll on the Autumn and his Judy Garland Show CD/DVD !!

Hi, The new Rufus CD is wonderful, deserves it's chart placing of number 2.

I saw Rufus at the city hall on his last tour and loved every minute. I wanted to see him on the new tour but the London dates sold out too quick and the nearest venue to Sheffield is Bristol !!! Got £20 on a HMV card so saving for the Judy Garland stuff.

Take care.

Now i read through this thread and i see that alot of the songs that your are asking for are perfectly reasonable choices. I will hold my hands up and say that i'm the girl who DJ's in Fuel every Friday in the Trash palace and i play indie which i think is very different to the usual stuff you hear on the gay scene. I try and vary it by playing stuff from different era's ie Arctic Monkeys, Killers, The Jam, The Smiths, The Undertones, Blondie, New Order, INXS, Oasis, Peaches, Gossip ...etc...etc Could sit here all day lol. I have a real big passion for music and always have done i have DJ'd many-a-time at the Leadmill where there i would do sets of Soul, MOD and Motown. These are really fun to do get abit of supremes on and Isley Brothers can't go wrong lol and as a DJ i will endeavour to bring a wider range of music to the gay scene. But like i say i play something different but no matter how busy the room is someone will always come up and ask for Kylie. It just seems that the majority of the gay scene like pop n cheese.

What would you like to hear more of??????

Indie???

Soul???

Motown???

90's Dance???

Electro???

xxxxxxxxxx love ya peeps

Archived