Songs you want to hear on the Gay Scene

malecat

Now i read through this thread and i see that alot of the songs that your are asking for are perfectly reasonable choices. I will hold my hands up and say that i'm the girl who DJ's in Fuel every Friday in the Trash palace and i play indie which i think is very different to the usual stuff you hear on the gay scene. I try and vary it by playing stuff from different era's ie Arctic Monkeys, Killers, The Jam, The Smiths, The Undertones, Blondie, New Order, INXS, Oasis, Peaches, Gossip ...etc...etc Could sit here all day lol. I have a real big passion for music and always have done i have DJ'd many-a-time at the Leadmill where there i would do sets of Soul, MOD and Motown. These are really fun to do get abit of supremes on and Isley Brothers can't go wrong lol and as a DJ i will endeavour to bring a wider range of music to the gay scene. But like i say i play something different but no matter how busy the room is someone will always come up and ask for Kylie. It just seems that the majority of the gay scene like pop n cheese.

What would you like to hear more of??????

Indie???

Soul???

Motown???

90's Dance???

Electro???

xxxxxxxxxx love ya peeps

Hi Emma,

First of all to all those who have not checked it out, the indie lounge on Friday at Fuel is great, Emma plays some top songs.

Emma, can I put in a request for Friday 1st June, please. Can you play a song by King called "Kiss the Spikey Fridge". Ta love.

I think for us older queens a motown night would be fab.

Hi, The new Rufus CD is wonderful, deserves it's chart placing of number 2.

I saw Rufus at the city hall on his last tour and loved every minute. I wanted to see him on the new tour but the London dates sold out too quick and the nearest venue to Sheffield is Bristol !!! Got £20 on a HMV card so saving for the Judy Garland stuff.

Take care.

I was there too ( and Manchester the previous night ). Great shows. Hopefully some more shows later in the year (??) for us "up North" !:)

Take care too

Hi, The new Rufus CD is wonderful, deserves it's chart placing of number 2.

I saw Rufus at the city hall on his last tour and loved every minute. I wanted to see him on the new tour but the London dates sold out too quick and the nearest venue to Sheffield is Bristol !!! Got £20 on a HMV card so saving for the Judy Garland stuff.

Take care.

And me! Can't believe he is not coming up a little further at least! As to my Top 5 it changes every day depending on my mood and what I'm doing but I'm afraid for a night out its gotta be cheese for me - light and fluffy!!

When I was in USA, the gay clubs were my favourite. Hot house music. I don't know in England but I have not found a gay club that plays quality music. Maybe everyone has a right to an opinion but as a straight man, every gay party I have been to in England has been musically very poor that lacks original style and crammed with cheddar.

Archived