Story: 'Trapped.'

Sorry about that, actually I did know, but it's just a saying I use without thinking. :loopy:

Well I didn't know that sauerkraut wasn't a man!

The fact that sauerkraut is female now puts this post into a clearer context for me (because women suffer from agoraphobia and similarly related anxiety conditions more then men - by a ratio of approx. 9:1) .....

And Redrobbo, it was very interesting to hear my character suffers from textbook anxiety complex because a lot of her sufferings were descriptions of feelings I've had myself at times, albeit nowhere near so extreme! I've also done a fair bit of translating for a psychologist, which has given me a bit more of an insight into such disorders.

This story by sauerkraut reminded me of one of my clients who suffered acute agoraphobia. This lady could not bear to even have the front door left open in case she saw the outside world, and she had become a prisoner in her own home.

I have thought about writing about this lady in my series of short stories from the emergency social worker's journal. I may yet do so, but I feel I cannot possibly match the wonderfully descriptive phraseology deployed by sauerkraut.

Archived