Looking for a couple of things...

Hi everyone,

I have my sister visiting and wondered if someone might recommend a couple of things to do next week.

I want to find somewhere that hires bikes with a nice (easy!) trail, similar to the thing at Sherwood Forest.

Also, was hoping to find a nice swimming baths somewhere, maybe with a steam room etc. I can't usually get out to places further away because no car but I am planning on taking advantage of her wheels so it doesn't really matter where.

Also, if anyone can recommend another nice day out for us? I'd like to get out into the countryside!

Much appreciated,

Chloe x

Rother Valley have a good track to cycle round and I'm positive you can hire bikes there, you can cycle round the big lake and explore it a bit. Steam room depends on you budget really ponds forge have one and they have the lanes for swimming. But if you want a bit more luxury try St.Pauls in the city centre next to the Peace Gardens, there spa treatments look really good and they've got a reallynice swimming pool there too.

St.Paul's hotel

http://www.mercure.com/mercure/fichehotel/gb/mer/6628/fiche_hotel.shtml

Rother Valley

http://www.rothervalley.f9.co.uk/

Hope that helps.

You can hire bikes at Fairhomes visitor centre & cycle round Ladybower reservoir.

The spa at Center Parcs is lovely - has a samll pool & lots of rooms to chill out in.

If you wanted to do soemthing really different why not try a llama trek & picnic. The contact we use is out at Saddlewort & is Helen on 01457 810 186. Not sure if Mayfield alpacas have started doing treks yet I know there was some talk of it.

Archived