What to do in Flamborough?

Go swimming. Its one of the few places in england you can actually see whats under you due to the rocky sea bed. As mentinoned before there are some good boat trips. Or just up the way is bridlington. Which is (A LITTLE) more lively. Spent many a holiday at Thornwick Bay as a bearn.

Flamborough Head ! Ah, Flamborough Head !

Flamborough Head can be compared to St.Tropez, Venice or Rio, in the sense that all four of them are near the briny.

I once had an ice-cream in Flamborough as a child. I haven't been back since but I will never forget it.

If you want an even more exotic location, well, as someone has said,why not pop up to Brid. ? Slot machines, pubs, bracing weather, good car parks-------it's got the lot !

• 3 years later...

Every year when I was young we holidayed at Flamborough Head. One year my dad took me into an amazing cave at Silex Bay (just below the lighthouse/café). The cave seemed incredibly long and amazing, as though a giant worm had burrowed through the headland.

I’ve since tried several times to get to the cave, but the level of low tide has been too high to reach it. But this weekend when we arrived the tide was just right and we were able to get to it.

Wow, it was as I remembered, about 20 feet high and 150 yards long! The far end seems to come out under the Fog Horn building right at the tip of FH.

To top it off there was a very cute juvenile seal stranded on a ledge at the end waiting for the tide to come back in.

Has anyone else been in this natural wonder? There are various caves and arches at the left side of Silex Bay, but this one is on the right side, past the stack.

Archived