What to do in Flamborough?

Every year when I was young we holidayed at Flamborough Head. One year my dad took me into an amazing cave at Silex Bay (just below the lighthouse/café). The cave seemed incredibly long and amazing, as though a giant worm had burrowed through the headland.

I’ve since tried several times to get to the cave, but the level of low tide has been too high to reach it. But this weekend when we arrived the tide was just right and we were able to get to it.

Wow, it was as I remembered, about 20 feet high and 150 yards long! The far end seems to come out under the Fog Horn building right at the tip of FH.

To top it off there was a very cute juvenile seal stranded on a ledge at the end waiting for the tide to come back in.

Has anyone else been in this natural wonder? There are various caves and arches at the left side of Silex Bay, but this one is on the right side, past the stack.

That cave is in Skeggy.:huh:

My folks have a static at Thornwick Bay so I'm there with the kids stacks over the year.

North landings great. If you have kids & the weathers good make a picnic & check when the tides out and go hunting in the rock pools and into the caves.

There's the caravelle at the top and a few pubs along the way to it.

My youngsters always moan when we go there but we always end up there for 3 or 4 hours.

Danes Dyke is good for a walk and you can get down to the beach & if the tides out you can walk along it to Sewerby Hall.

South landing has a nice nature trail walk.

A new pizza/kebab place has just opened :wow:

For Fish & Chips the best one around is 'Fish & Chips At 149' on Marton Road.

Check out the walks and more at http://www.bridlington.net/

goodness me, has it been that long since I first posted this? We have been every year since, but this year, the chap who we hired from has sold his static :( I miss it already *sobs*

Archived