C. 1901 Map Of Woodhouse Village Wanted

Guest Ant

I know, Betty. But as I stated in the opening post, I was trying to avoid heading down there again this week. Thought I'd ask on here first - it's amazing what the Forum can throw up when the wind is blowing in the right direction.

Almost the whole of Sheffield is available on the old ordinance survey maps.

They are all dated 1899 to 1901, and have every building on them.

They are for sale at all the big bookshops, post offices etc.

I used to buy them as soon as they came out, but in my collection (which I don't have to hand) I don't think I have Woodhouse, I'm sure it will be available by now though.

Try that and *cough* scan it:suspect:

Almost the whole of Sheffield is available on the old ordinance survey maps...

...They are for sale at all the big bookshops, post offices etc...

...Try that and *cough* scan it:suspect:

Ok, ash, I'll keep an eye open for them. I can see me having to have a trip into town again this weekend. I'm practically living there lately. :rolleyes:

The newsagent in Woodhouse used to sell the Woodhouse books. "Le Tall's Woodhouse" was a good one.

The last time I went into the City library there were plenty of huge map sheets from 1800's to the present. It was on the first or second floor.

The newsagent in Woodhouse used to sell the Woodhouse books. "Le Tall's Woodhouse" was a good one.

The last time I went into the City library there were plenty of huge map sheets from 1800's to the present. It was on the first or second floor.

Thanks, alch.

Will look and see if I have anything Ant, my grandpa lived at Woodhouse and

I remember his house still had the old gas mantles on the wall that still worked. He used to use em if they had a power cut.

My dad was born there that was in 1918 and he was the youngest.

Is the site online yet or are you still building it?

Will look and see if I have anything Ant, my grandpa lived at Woodhouse and

I remember his house still had the old gas mantles on the wall that still worked. He used to use em if they had a power cut.

My dad was born there that was in 1918 and he was the youngest.

Is the site online yet or are you still building it?

Thanks, Albatross.

No, I'm still building it. I started last year but had to stop almost immediately as I had lost use of my car. Living in Hackenthorpe is awkward when gathering information and photographs in Woodhouse - it's a long walk, or two bus rides away. Hoping to get mobile again within a month or so.

Archived