Can Anyone Suggest A Hotel In Dublin

Looking for a central hotel but fed up of ploughing through websites and wondered if anyone has any recommendations please?

Thanks

http://www.jurys-dublin-hotels.com/theburlington_dublin

I think the Burlington is a middle of the road sort of place. Let me know if there are more specifics. The Burlington is nearer Grafton St. than O'Connell St. it depends which side of town you want to be? Price etc?

http://www.forumuniversitaire.com/images/Dublin%20Map-Big.jpg

Burlington is 1 on the map.

it depends what sort of things you want to be close to - i went in early feb and stayed at the Fleet Street Hotel which is nothing fancy but right in temple bar for all the bars etc. i'm not sure how much the rooms were as a friend booked it and the money i gave him was for the total costs i.e. flight etc but i think it was fairly reasonable.

I have just booked Cassidys on Upper O'Connel street. taking my wife in september for her birthday. any opinions in it ? also what are "must Do " things to do whilst there, there for two days midweek.

Cost me £164 for two nights b & b from lastminute.com

I'll trot out the usual tourist stuff beginning with the tourist bus. At least it will give you your bearings. I think it is one of those where you can get off and dwell and get back on a later bus. It goes up to the Guinness Hop Store. There is also the Jameson's distillery that has tours. There is a literary tour and an official pub crawl.

The post office on O'Connell St. is worth seeing. That is near the Spire and Henry Street which is popular with shops. Down there is the ILAC Centre.

Penneys is Dublin's Primark. Once crossing the Liffey to the south of the city - things get more pricey. Near Merrion Square is the Natural History Museum and just higher up, The Dail (Parliament Building). Not too far away is St.Stephen's Green (park) and the shopping centre of that name. Go down Grafton Street and that will bring you to Molly Malone with Trinity College over the road. If you turn left at the quay, towards Halfpenny Bridge, you'll come to Temple Bar where apparently it all happens at night ie lively bars and music (craic).

Doheny and Nesbit's (round the corner from the Dail) is my tip for a great pint of Guinness. Mulligans is another pub in town that's also a good pint but not a decorative house, a place of gossip for the local journos!

There is another little triangle if you head west away from Trinity College. There is Dublin Castle, Christchurch Cathedral near where is Burdock's which many say is the best fish and chips in Dublin and then down the hill to St.Patrick's Cathedral.

I think you'll be pushed for time but the DART (from Howth to Greystones) Bray is the seaside the previous stop, is well worth taking for a wonderful view of Dublin Bay. You can get a bus into town from the airport rather than taking a taxi. Plenty of traffic in Dublin, lots of road rage by the Quays. You'll probably see Croke Park on the way in but it's visible from the DART (the local suburban train). It's very close to Cassidys. What happens after 10pm, someone else can take up the advice!

Trinity Capital on Pearse Street is nice and very central (about 10 mins walk to Grafton Street). I usually just google it and see who has good offers on, sometimes it has been cheapest to book with the hotel direct.

I have also stayed in Stauntons On the Green (By St stephens Green) and the Mont Clare hotel which were also both nice. Just shop around and see who is offering the cheapest deals!

The Harcourt Hotel (on Harcourt Street surprisingly!) is absolutely tops.

Quality accommodation at good rates, excellent food, easy walking distance to Grafton St/Temple Bar areas, and has a good club in the basement that attracts a high proportion of very friendly locals ;) (always a good sign).

Archived