Can Anyone Suggest A Hotel In Dublin

We stayed at the Arlington I booked it via travel republic website it was a couple of years ago but was really nice. Was close to everything and the breakfast was included in the price and was really good. Tis expensive in Dublin so I ate enough to feed a small army and that kept me going all day!

I was wanting to go to Dublin for my bday this year or next- what is the cheapest/easiest way to get there (ie which airport- guessing Doncaster doesn't do flights there after a brief search unless my tired eyes aren't seeing things properly). Looking to go for 2 nights in early Nov.

Were going on ferry its 69.99 for 2 people, that's cheaper than flying in April, just leaving car at Holyhead. Flying is usually cheaper but the lady in Thomas cook told us that the holiday season starts mid April and that's why it's more.

We just want a nice hotel that's central now and all sorted! I'll let you know which one we choose if you've not already booked when we back!

I booked our flights separately through Ryan Air. £11 return each - Bargain!! I think Jet 2 also do cheap flights. We went December Friday to Monday. Also if you take a small case which you are allowed as hand luggage you don't need to check any bags in which saves you a fortune. We flew from East Midlands and they were really good flight times.

Yeah, but ryanair treat you like cattle and their terminal is in the deepest darkest parts of hell at Dublin Airport (If I remember, its about a 25 minute walk from security to the actual departure lounge)

Also, to get to your hotel/Dublin City Centre, use AirCoach €24 for two adults with return

You can buy online or at the airport. The coach will drop you off at various stops on Grafton Street, O'Connell Street and more. Nicer than using the city buses (which we never used when living there as we found them overly complicated) and found it worth the money. The pick up points to return to the airport are a bit different, so confirm with your coach driver where you should meet them on your way back..

Avoid drinking directly in Temple Bar - a rip off. There a loads of bars surrounding the area that are way better and half the price. Also, have lunch/dinner at the Porterhouse. You wont regret it.

Jurys Inn at Christchurch is great. Near everything, and next to a really nice gastro pub. It's about 10mins walk to the touristy parts, but quiet enough and a decent price.

The only thing about Dublin is that it's very, very expensive in the tourist areas. Last time we went in 08, due to the exchange rate, it was working out at a fiver a drink or more. :( Great place though.

For £11 each return fare I would happily travel with the cattle. We honestly found it to be ok. Perhaps not good for a long flight but by the time your up it's time to come down. I didn't find the airport any problem and the bus to the hotel was ok and quite cheap. It needed to be with the price of the beer!!!!

Archived