Grandparents' rights

The hardest part is how to start this thread.

Lets see,, If your sons partner refuses to bring her Son, who is my Sons Son and my Grandson do Grandparents have a right to take the matter to court for access.

I remember some new law coming out in the last year or so about this subject.

Anybody got any clues to wether this is correct.

Hi being a grandparent & been through a simular situation,we mangaed to sort things out,with our grandson's mother.Here is a sight which may help.http://www.societyguardian.co.uk.It may have tips to help or check with the CAB.cheers

The thing is Cyclone,if both partners split on good terms then things can be sorted,but as you know with the Fathers Rights Campaign having trouble.If they do not split on amicable terms,then the Father gets shafted.Why should a Father have to go through all the crap the law says they have to.My argument has always been, without the Fathers sperm .No Baby.Fathers & Grandparents should have rights,because most Grandparents look after there grandchildren while the parents or parent works.Some Women use there children as bargaining tools to get there own way.I also beleive that all Fathers should pay & accept responsibility for there own children,not only finacially but with the childs upbringing.Our late sons partner seems to use our grandson in this way & even though we get angry we like many others have to bite our tongues,so we can see our children or grandchildren.

Originally posted by tosh13

If they do not split on amicable terms,then the Father gets shafted.

Some Women use there children as bargaining tools to get there own way.

Theres no split between them its a case as you have hit the nail on the head, she's using him as a bargaining tool.

Now problem is with her, without going into un-needed detail if she does'nt get her own way then its a case you do not get to see her Son.

Now its only been a fortnight and I really don't want to invite her here for a reason but no mum, no Grandchild and my Sons forbidden to bring him.

I can see he does not want to cause a scene at his home and I fully support him on that as he has to live with her.

But her parents get constant access on a daily basis and I suspect that they encourage her on this so it would be a waste of time talking to them.

Mainly I am trying to find out if I have any rights before I start spending hard earned money on a solicitor and slapping a court order on her table.

Originally posted by Cycleracer

Theres no split between them its a case as you have hit the nail on the head, she's using him as a bargaining tool.

Now problem is with her, without going into un-needed detail if she does'nt get her own way then its a case you do not get to see her Son.

Now its only been a fortnight and I really don't want to invite her here for a reason but no mum, no Grandchild and my Sons forbidden to bring him.

I can see he does not want to cause a scene at his home and I fully support him on that as he has to live with her.

But her parents get constant access on a daily basis and I suspect that they encourage her on this so it would be a waste of time talking to them.

Mainly I am trying to find out if I have any rights before I start spending hard earned money on a solicitor and slapping a court order on her table.

Hi C how old is the child if you don't mind me asking,it is grossly unfair that her parents see your child & not you & your family.Ring the CAB & they can help with regards to the law & if you can mediate & sort it out without the involvment of a solicitor.

Originally posted by tosh13

Hi C how old is the child if you don't mind me asking,it is grossly unfair that her parents see your child & not you & your family.Ring the CAB & they can help with regards to the law & if you can mediate & sort it out without the involvment of a solicitor.

He is a 3 months old and to be honest I knew this would happen.

I won't be black mailed and I won't grit my teeth having her presence just to see the grandson.

I mean business, if I don't get access then the law will get involved and thats that.

Archived