Grandparents' rights

if your son has any backbone there's no way he will put up with this. Talk to him about it, if it was me (i am someones son) I would be disgusted at my partner and have it out with them, scene be damned.
My problem is my oldest son has no backbone. This all started when he married the witch from hell. So I've had to watch my two grandkids grow into adults from a distance. They both drive but never come near us, except when they're broke. There is no law here to protect grandparents rights. In any case, even if there was, enforced visits would be very unpleasant for the kids. I have no problem with my younger sons who have kids from 9 year old to 20 months:confused:

The hardest part is how to start this thread.

Lets see,, If your sons partner refuses to bring her Son, who is my Sons Son and my Grandson do Grandparents have a right to take the matter to court for access.

I remember some new law coming out in the last year or so about this subject.

Anybody got any clues to wether this is correct.

as for as i kinow grand parents do not have any rights unless the parents are deceiesd

That's how a few of my friends grew up, not being allowed to see their grandparents because of dislike between parent/grandparent. One of them has now gone on and done the same with her own children who can't see her mother.

Old thread, I know, but sounds to me like neither side are blameless, since the OP is basically saying "I won't have that woman in my house" but objecting that she feels the same about her child. I don't think I'd be very keen in her position, either!

The hardest part is how to start this thread.

Lets see,, If your sons partner refuses to bring her Son, who is my Sons Son and my Grandson do Grandparents have a right to take the matter to court for access.

I remember some new law coming out in the last year or so about this subject.

Anybody got any clues to wether this is correct.

Yes, you do have access rights - speak with your son before you proceed though and get him to give the mother a chance to explain herself - I am sure your son will be onside, afterall, you raised him and she doesn't think that he is so bad does she?

The Mother has all the rights at the moment,that's why the Fathers For Justice are fighting so hard to get seeing rights for there children.It stinks that the Father is treat like a second class citizen,but that's the out dated laws in our country mate.

In this situation, the mother and father a a couple who are together... Both parents have equal say, not fair to try and pretend to Paul that his son has less rights when it comes to taking his baby to see his dad... I am guessing you are in a difficult situation through divorce, but this isn't the situation here...

Archived