Rowlinson, who did you like/dislike

I attended Rowlinson and left in 1981 and I have been checking out the other thread, its good reading but it mainly concentrates on teachers, detailing who was liked and disliked.

So I was wondering it would be a good laugh to post who you liked and disliked amongst the pupils.

Does not have to be your class or even year and you don't even have to give reasons, bet it will spark some memories of (good and bad) and you can give your comments about the pupils posted.

I will start it of

Liked

Michael Johnson, always had time for anyone, just a pleasant good natured kid

Disliked

Mark Hadfield, bully nuff said

Girl I fancied Dawn Lee

There are many more but thats a start

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I attended Rowlinson and left in 1981 and I have been checking out the other thread, its good reading but it mainly concentrates on teachers, detailing who was liked and disliked.

So I was wondering it would be a good laugh to post who you liked and disliked amongst the pupils.

Does not have to be your class or even year and you don't even have to give reasons, bet it will spark some memories of (good and bad) and you can give your comments about the pupils posted.

I will start it of

Liked

Michael Johnson, always had time for anyone, just a pleasant good natured kid

Disliked

Mark Hadfield, bully nuff said

Girl I fancied Dawn Lee

There are many more but thats a start

i didn,t go but went out with a girl who did,leigh taylor, i remember mr anderson & mrs stonehewer,didn,t much like helen kirk,she thought she was summat she wasn,t,nor lee wilson.also remember sharon topham,debra barnett,lisa wainwright and lizzy giblin.

leigh had a younger sister,calvaly(named after a horse,im reliably informed).leigh would have left in 81 i believe.

• 1 month later...

I was at Rowlinson from 77 - 82. I do look back with a lot of fond memories of my days there. I agree with one of the earlier messages though, looking back, as I kid the school was a great place to be. The sport, the characters, the youth club etc all were great. But as an educational establishment it was poor, to say the least. Some of the teachers were fine, but I don’t think I gained anything from most them. I was in form “M” We had Mrs Kay for the first 3 or 4 years then we had Mr Wood to finish. They were both good form teachers. I am struggling to remember all the teachers. All the sports teachers frightened me at the time, probably because for the first few years I was rubbish at sport. The last couple of years I made more of an effort and suddenly I started to do well, mainly in athletics, and all of a sudden I had a few more friends! We had Mr Anderson for science I think but unfortunately he had no control over the class, which was a shame because he was OK. I vaguely remember Trogg in Geography. I remember Mr Dawson throwing the board rubber at a girl in our English class and shouting some over the top obscenity at her, for no reason. I also just about remember a loony called Mr Goodhand who used to squeeze the hands of any poor sole that he decided to embarrasse that day, I remember some of them I tears. If anyone out there was in the same year write in and share your memories and renew some of my memories.

• 1 month later...

Hi there

I went to Rowlinson and left in 1986. Seems funny to be talking about people we liked and disliked. My school best friend Jenette Gregory was really nice but there were a couple of girls in my class who I wonder what became of them ie Kerry Mansell and Alicia Marcroft. I think the majority of my year were ok although it is strange when you hear about some that have died etc.

C

x

• 1 year later...

Hi! New to this forum. I was there from '70 to '75. Seems a hundred years ago! Saw on another page how unpopular Graham Seaton was. what a teacher eh? once gave me an essay to write on burnt sausages cos I was talking in class!! Does any remember the maths teacher Mr Field? the crutch of his trousers used to hang round his knees-well he told me i would never amount to anything! Nice for a teacher to say. Well stuff him cos I have travelled, worked abroad for many years, am a qualified pharmacy dispenser and am now a phlebotomist-would love to take his blood I would find the bluntest needle I could!! Met some fantastic friends at school but if you weren't a swot you were given no help at all which is why I failed maths cse!!! Lots of laughs along the way though!!:hihi:

• 2 weeks later...

I went to rowlinson, left in 1984, i liked a lad called Daniel Donnelly, i didnt fancy him, just thought he was a really nice lad, i ended up naming my son after him cos he was so nice :), disliked Lee Towers, what a di*k, Sarah Spencer, what a slapper :hihi:, still is :o.

Archived