ABC saturday mornings

kirky

Originally posted by kirky

can anyone remember the song???

We are the boys and girls all known as..

Minors of the ABC...

And every Saturday all line up...

To see the films we like and shout aloud with glee..

We like to laugh and have our sing-song...

Such a happy crowd are wee..eeeee

We're all pals together...

We're Minors of the ABC.

Go here. for more.

i was also one of the few who saw "the sound of music" at the odeon at around 1965-66. [/b]

the Sound of Music was the last film that ever played there when it closed in 1967 I think.....very long run that movie had, over 2 years without a break.....the projectionist must have had a nervous breakdown and be in a home for the criminally insane after 2 1/2 years of High on the hill was a lonely goatherd and how do you solve a problem like MAria!!!!!!!! My God how many individual screenings is that over the period..........

I remember living on the Manor in the mid-80s and going to the ABC on saturday mornings :)

I think it was 50p and I remember seeing Beat Street and Spider-Man there, and Ewoks: Caravan of Courage on the small screen.

I was gutted when they knocked it down, but I'm glad I'm old enough to have experienced proper cinemas with atmosphere, and not just the tiny, uncomfortable 10 screen in 1 building types we're stuck with now.

• 5 years later...

Dint there used to be a clown with orange hair that look a bit drunk ( for real ) come on stage and start us all of singing

we are the A ...B...C Minors bla bla

come on boys and girls louder then throw balloons and things into the audience'

later in life I saw jaws there about 3 times and the exercise about 3 times and i think there was some follow up film to jaws called Grisly or the bears was really bad

Was it the ABC that has a single step half way up. We used to sit a few seats back from it and as kids came running back with their icecream tubs and whatever else, half of them used to trip and go flying. It was funnier than any films they put on.

I remember queueing up to see saturday night fever and we couldn`t get in as it was full so we stood in the queue until the next showing some 2 hours later.The queue went up the tunnel at the side of what is now Argos and back down. Now that`s dedication for you

Archived