Bai Hoi: Bad experience

johnjo

Not sure if this is in the correct area but im sure if not it will be moved.

I wanted to let you all know who care to look at this, just how down right rude, nasty and intimidating one particular bouncer there made me, my girlfriend and friends of hers feel last Saturday night (02/10).

From chucking out time at 11, we were asked to drink up by a Pakistani bouncer (this is integral to the story) At 11:15 i returned from the loo's to see him stood over our table shouting at my girlfriend, her friend and her friends Husband (who's a sikh).

I said that we were allowed 20 mins to drink up by law and he kicked off even more.The place did have loads of other people in the place still. The bouncer disappeared and came back with 2 more bouncers. This was for 3 guys and 2 women (2 Dentists a Civil Servant and 2 Dental Hygienists!!)

It seems they are happy to take your money but as soon as time is called you can @**# off.

The bouncer in question paid particular attension to my Sikh friend and was very intimidating being surrounded by 3 bouncers and marched to the door.

Does anyone know if this place is owned by a brewery??

I think it's owned by the same people who own Revolution and they've launched just this one in Sheffield to see how well it does before putting them out nationwide.

Since this is a flagship type establishment the management should be very attentive to any criticism.

I've found in there the bouncers are indeed over keen on getting punters swept out as soon as the bar closes, but I've found that as long as you are sound with the bouncers when they come round, have a bit of a laugh with them and indicate you defintly intend to be out before the 20 minute legal leaway is up then they are normally return the favour of being civil...

Originally posted by johnjo

Not sure if this is in the correct area but im sure if not it will be moved.

johnjo it's fairly obvious that this would be the correct forum for your post:

Going out in Sheffield

Sheffield's restaurants, bars, clubs, etc. Sub Areas: Notices & Events

We are not here to tidy up around you...

...nevertheless I have indeed moved it on this occasion :|

Originally posted by johnjo

I said that we were allowed 20 mins to drink up by law and he kicked off even more.

While I appreciate that the main part of your story was the attitude/behaviour of the bouncer, I just wanted to point out that the law stipulates they can kick you out whenever they like...

Isn't it BIA HOI?

Anyway, I once had a bit of barney rubble with one of the bouncers there but everything got sorted. They also work the doors at Revolution. One of the bouncers that work there is about 18, as he was quite a few years below me in school.

IMO arguing with bouncers is never a good thing. When they say drink up drink up.

Archived