Bai Hoi: Bad experience

johnjo

Originally posted by J-Blaze

IMO arguing with bouncers is never a good thing. When they say drink up drink up.

To true, its not worth the hassle.

The past couple of times i've been in Bia Hoi the bouncers have been very keen on checking people for I.D. Never seen them being agressive towards anyone tho,they've always seemed pretty freindly to me.

Originally posted by johnjo

From chucking out time at 11, we were asked to drink up by a Pakistani bouncer (this is integral to the story) At 11:15 i returned from the loo's to see him stood over our table shouting at my girlfriend, her friend and her friends Husband (who's a sikh).

Pakistani????

Did he have a badge on saying I am from Pakistan on his coat or something?

Even then, they are known as Asians not Pakistani.

Originally posted by Geoff

While I appreciate that the main part of your story was the attitude/behaviour of the bouncer, I just wanted to point out that the law stipulates they can kick you out whenever they like...

... while that's true they need to have reason for it.

Then can stop you coming in without giving a reason and they can refuse to serve you without giving a reason.

However once you're in a public house they must either allow the full drinking up time or eject you for a valid reason.

Sounds to me like this bouncer is just getting off on a powertrip.

Originally posted by John

Pakistani????

Did he have a badge on saying I am from Pakistan on his coat or something?

Even then, they are known as Asians not Pakistani.

If he is pakistani it's perfectly PC to call him Pakistani just as much as it is for someone to call me English.

I heard on the news the other day that it's no longer PC to call someone from pakistan or India (or that region of the globe) Asian anymore :o WFT is that about?

Law states that the MAXIMUM drinking up time is 20 minutes in that sort of establishment (its 30 minutes in a restaurant), so they can ask you to leave as soon as they want to by law. Of course when it comes to good customer practice, allowing someone to consume what they have legally just purchased at the bar at 10.59 is always a good idea.

Past experience tells me that if you can be arsed to wirte to the management, they are likely to pull the door staff up, on what is frankly customer unfriendly practices.

I've hear it isn't doing too well, except on the busy Friday & Saturday nights, but that might be due to the lack of support they receive from the parent company. Anyone else got more info?

Archived