A little bit of Sheffield all over the world

I have 5 pictures that have been hung in my living room for years.

2 pencil sketches of Sheffield University and the Town Hall

Oil Painting of Foggott Bridge

Hadden Hall

Chatsworth house.

And my husbands favorite oil painting of a ship he bought from Coles 40 years ago, it's unusual as it;s not the usual white ship on the blue high seas, it's dull looking really that makes it different, it's a very large old fashioned sailing ship on the high seas in the dead of night. Wish i could remember how much we paid for it back then...we had it framed back in the US in a driftwood sort of frame.

Pattricia you've seen my bits of Sheffield, haven't you ?

I have 5 pictures that have been hung in my living room for years.

2 pencil sketches of Sheffield University and the Town Hall

Oil Painting of Foggott Bridge

Hadden Hall

Chatsworth house.

And my husbands favorite oil painting of a ship he bought from Coles 40 years ago, it's unusual as it;s not the usual white ship on the blue high seas, it's dull looking really that makes it different, it's a very large old fashioned sailing ship on the high seas in the dead of night. Wish i could remember how much we paid for it back then...we had it framed back in the US in a driftwood sort of frame.

Pattricia you've seen my bits of Sheffield, haven't you ?

Yes, I have !

Some years agoI bought a couple of old Sheffield forks from an Eskimo lady (Sorry Innuit) in Canada. They had belonged to her mother.

They have three tines and the handles are made from bone.

I hve checked the pattern out and found they were made in Sheffield Circa 1820.

In New Zealand 90% of the old Sheep Shears are from Sheffield

So sweetdexter is right, there are little bits of Sheffield all over the world.

As was pointed out to me on another post, If it wasn't for Sheffield most of the world would be still eating with their fingers.

Happy Days!

Anyone who is thinking buying cutlery/knives etc. which they are told is "Made in Sheffield". Be very aware that there is quite a bit of dodgy stuff being touted around, on ebay and other auction sites, which is definitely not "Made in Sheffield". You can usually tell from a quick glance if it is the real stuff or not.

Archived