Sheffield / Rotherham Historical Society?

Regarding what?

There are many societies, but there are also archives (Shef and Rotherham, also Shef Uni and many other smaller archives), the local studies department at Surrey St., and the history departments at the two universities.

I guess that all these may be relevant, but let us know what it's regarding and we might be able to advise further about which body/individuals you might want to get in touch with.

John

• 4 weeks later...

P B Graphics publish a Free Distribution magazine called Hereabout, their centre page spread features a local history section on North Sheffield mainly Chapeltown, Ecclesfield, Wentworth and Thorpe Hesley. It is written by Joan and Mel Jones who have written and published quite a few books on the history of Sheffield. pbgraphics.co.uk

Please reply to my PM and let me know how this goes as it would be nice to see it work out for the best.

I'm sorry to everyone else for being secretive :(

Hi (and more apologies if this seems like some kind of code),

I don't know what the latest situation is but I'll be with the person who is sorting things out on Saturday so I'll find out then.

John

Archived