Longley park open air baths!!

This is a photo of my Granddad (who worked at Longley park) in front of the baths. I'm not sure what year it was taken, either late sixties or seventies maybe.

Can anyone spot themselves?!

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x7/beanpods/?action=view&current=No_Writing_Park.jpg

Nice photo, brings back memories, I didn't go to the baths much but sat on that hill many weekends, Longley was a lovely estate back then, no cars on the streets, just kids walking and playing games.

Whats the difference between Longley Estate and Southey Green Estate ? I lived in Southey Green, but it was so close to Longley park I couldn't tell the difference :huh:

• 5 months later...

I used to go to Longley and Millhouses and Rivelin in the 50's. The teacher used to take us to Longley in the evenings sometimes, does anyone remember Mr. Jackson from Hartley Brook Rd. I'm surprised to hear Rivelin is still going.

used to use longley baths and park between 1974 and 87ish played football across from the ambulance station. jump the baths at night and torment the life out of poor old park keeper ernie rip. who did you hang around with (no pun intended) meandmymonkey.

do you know alan maw