HOSNIC Cup @ Ice Sheffield

Don't miss out on seeing local ice hockey fans hitting the ice on Sunday 29th July to raise money for the Junior Sheffield and Nottingham Ice hockey Teams.

The event is at Ice Sheffield and is on all day where you will see local fans playing to win the HOSNIC cup.

Admission is just £1 and there will be lots for people to do, shirt raffle, Panthers and Steelers merchandise, shoot the puck etc.

Official sponcers of the day will be ourselves The Lewis Group.

Many Thanks,

The Lewis Group.

It's going to be a really good day!!

I can't wait to see the Steelers thrash the Panthers :hihi: And if that isn't enough incentive for me to spend a pound, I even get to Ice the Wife!!! :mrgreen:

BIG thanks to The Lewis Group for making this happen!

By the way, there's a link to the official HOSNIC site in my signature!

• 2 weeks later...

Let's get this seen!

hosnic2007.gif

stixpixle3.gif

Following the success of an ice hockey game last year between supporters of the Sheffield Steelers and the Nottingham Panthers, we decided to do it all again. This year’s event will collect money for the junior set ups in Nottingham, Sheffield and Sutton. We believe in the future of the sport of ice hockey and know that at the grass roots level money is short. For us all to continue to enjoy the sport at the top level, the bottom needs our help.

To this end, on Sunday July 29 at Ice Sheffield we will again take to the ice for the honour of our clubs and in support of the juniors.

This year there will be 3 games, beginner, intermediate and advanced, the advanced game will be of a similar standard to ENL. The players will skate out and give their all in pursuit of the inaugural HOSNIC Cup. The event is meant to be fun and also serve as an introduction for people wanting to give it a go, indeed many of us only started last year for that game.

I am going to be part of the beginners side. I've been playing 6 months, so it's basically like watching a team of bambi's -- should be fun/funny to play/watch.

Basically this year’s challenge will see 3 equally selected teams from both Sheffield and Nottingham go head to head for the HOSNIC Cup.

The funds raised during this years game by spectators and organisers in and around the rink will help to fund the junior development at both the Sheffield Steelers, Sutton sting and Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey clubs.

Not content with raising money for the hockey playing youth of today, I am also doing my own bit and helping to raise money for Cancer Research by taking part in the game.

The HOSNIC Cup is taking place at Ice Sheffield on the 29th of July 2007. Spectators are welcome, with a fee of £1.00 for entry. There will be a variety of games, activities and fund raisers inside the rink for all to enjoy.

I can guarantee it will be the best pound spent if you can make it! Even if you know nothing about Ice Hockey!

My quest begins to now rack up as much wonga as I can to pass onto Cancer Research.

It's rare I get involved with charity events like this, so I'm wanting to make sure that I raise loads!

If anyone's local, fancies a good day out, or feeling generous.

Feel free to pop along/sponsor me!

Mods: apologies if this isn't acceptable!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived