Free Genealogy advice

It shouldn't take too long to find the marriage *if* it is at St Vincent's or St Marie's ;)

Do you have a definite link to Zackariah and Elizabeth Antcliffe? I noticed another Rose Antcliffe on the 1891 census who could have been a possible wife for William Henry Wall.

There is also the possibility that in 1891 she had another name and then married an Antcliffe before marrying William Henry, or conversely, she could have been called Antcliffe as her maiden name, but had another marriage first so that when she married William Henry it was under another name, which could explain the lack of success in searching for the marriage. Many possibilities.

Most workhouses had an infirmary attached, so Zackariah hadn't necessarily left his family, he may have been a patient there.

Thanks again.

To be honest I need the marriage cert to DEFINITELY distinguish between the two Rose's but I have strong suspicions that this IS the one as the dates match more closely (Though not always a true indicator) and they lived very close (Think without looking that it was the same street or just around the corner- but again a hopeful guess). That is why I am desperate for the marriage cert before I go much further back just in case I am barking up the wrong family tree - so to speak. Trust there to be 2 of them!

I will try looking at St Maries & Vincents records first, which I assume will be at sheffield archives?

Hope its not all in latin tho as some catholic records are. :|

Cheers

Gen

Just had a quick look on freebmd... the best I can come up with is a William Hall and Rose Hall on the same index number (9c 884) married quarter June 1894 - in Rotherham!!! May be worth a look...???!!

Archived