Greens Gym - how much is it?

Perks .. none really, Greens have lost a lot of members to virgin as its much nicer.

The showers in greens are mankey, the equipment isnt 1st rate by a long shot and the reason there are bubbles in the Jacuzzi’s isn’t due to shower gel but because they don’t clean them very often :gag:

Look at the three and say they all have the same amount. No because they don’t clean them all at the same time.

The bubbles floating around, or a better description, the foam is caused by the scum in the water from people walking from the sauna and getting into the water. An employee there is where this info comes from.

I was a member of Greens and I know people who have left to join Virgin. All say it’s much nicer there.

I think Greens and Virgin are much the same, the thinks to look for in a gym are:

Are children allowed in the gym, what time is the pool open for children, is there a creche (more from the point of avoiding other peoples when you want to exercise)

What sort of contract do they offer, virgin offer a monthly contract and a cheaper yearly one.

Class timetable (you can see them on there website) Gives and indication of how many and what is available at the time you like to go

What the joining free? Personally I would hold out for a promotion, they usually offer them in summer as Jan Feb is the busy time.

• 2 months later...

i have been a greens member for a couple of months and love it, as its member exclusive it's never over crowded even at peak times, and the biggest perk for me is even on a boiling hot sunday there were no kids at the pool HEAVEN!

the facilities are brilliant, ive never cueued for a machine, they have awesome showers in private cubicles, shower gel, hairdryers,soon to get straighteners, hundreds of classes.

i love it

the have different plans, and we paid 25 for our joining fee (plus an upfront amount for the rest of the month cos we had missed the DD deadline) it was £34 off-peak and £42 peak i sometimes go just to use the sauna and showers cos its so nice in there well worth the money 'cos there hardly any kids and barely any meatheads.

• 2 years later...

Archived