Lydgate Lane School Centenary, November 2007

A YEAR OF CELEBRATION

I've posted about this topic a little while ago, but now I'd like to let anyone interested know of the school's plans for its centenary year, and how ex-pupils and staff can become involved if they'd like to.

The actual date of our centenary is 13 November 2007, but we are planning to spend the whole academic year, September '07 to July '08, focussing on our 100th birthday.

LISA, the parents' association, is planning a range of social events throughout the year, while the school is planning to use the centenary as a focus for teaching and learning.

Each class will be taking a decade in history over the last 100 years and will be looking at history, art, fashion, changes in culture and society, as well as finding interesting ways to connect it with maths, writing and reading.

NOT JUST LOOKING BACK, BUT FORWARD TOO

We don't want to spend all our time just looking back at the past, but want to use our centenary to look forward to the future - where we will be in 10, 30, 50, 100 years' time, using the past to look ahead.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO HELP?

We'd like to show our children that they are at the start of a journey that could take them anywhere - they could be anything they set their minds to. And to prove it, we'd like to hear from any ex-pupil who would be interested in coming to the school and sharing their experiences since leaving - what they went on to do, and how they got there.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE KEPT INFORMED?

Even if you don't want to share your post-Lydgate experiences with the children, but you'd like to be kept informed of upcoming events in our centenary year, please email us with your email address (and any other contact details) and we'll put you on the mailing list.

We've set up a dedicated email address, to keep centenary stuff separate from all the other school correspondence:

lydgatelaneschool@hotmail.co.uk

I look forward to hearing from you!

Peter

Archived