Broad Fall Tavern ?

Insanity

Come on people do your research, in 1976 the first band that he was the lead vocalist for was called 'Paradox' it's not clear why but they then changed the name to 'Styx' apparently without knowing there was an american band with that name. Without going back onto the net I'm not certain but he then was in a further band before 'Sanson'. Still no response from his radio show so they may be getting another e-mail tomorrow, I'll give the big publishing company another few days to respond. A message has been passed on to Mick Wall's agent so we'll have to see how long that takes.

I found some pics on the net yesterday so at least now I know who I'm researching as although inhabiting places where Iron Maiden could be heard I wouldn't claim to be a fan, I'm much more into Focus, Curved Air or Camel.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stryx,

Mick Wall sent a message back to me via his agent, he suggested the Iron Maiden web site and Bruce's radio show, I'd tried both of these avenues and hadn't got very far in fact nowhere at all. Bruce's radio show haven't even bothered to respond acknowledging my two e-mails so I'm thinking of contacting the radio station directly, after all what's the point of one of their shows having it's own e-mail address if they don't have the courtesy to respond when contacted on it?

A guy who has a Bruce Dickinson site has been in touch with me three times now he says the Iron Maiden official site aren't very good at responding to querieseither, so much for the fans then. He's in regular contact withe a band member from Sanson so may have a way of contacting Bruce directly, he's trying to find out the info on the Broad Fall for me.

Mick Wall's agent is going to get another e-mail from me and as Mick Wall is such a well known author on the rock scene I'm going to ask him to make some enquiries directly.

So in answer to your question, no news as yet but watch this space as I'm not about to give up yet-awhile.

• 9 months later...

Told you I wasn't going to give up didn't i?

I've been quietly pestering Radio 2 staff who have worked with Bruce on his show and it would seem are still in contact with him.

After many months I've had an answer so are you ready for it?

Bruce's first public performance was in the BROADFIELD TAVERN on Abbeydale road.

All I can say after this is a big 'boo' to Mick wall for not checking his facts in the first place.

Archived