Kaolin & Morphine

Is it true that you can no longer buy Kaolin & Morphine ???

I've not seen it around for years. I was occasionlly given it when I was a child. I can just smell it now, thinking about it. Always made your burps taste funny...

It tastes a bit like Victory V 'tablets' and works wonders when you feel a bit queasy.

I've just about run out but friends keep telling me that you can't get it in the UK any more as it's adictive !!

A bottle can last me a couple of years (for the whole family) so i'm sure I'm not addicted ... Last bottle I had was from a Chemist in Birdwell, Nr Barnsley but I have no way of contacting them - not even sure about the address....

Not possible I'm afraid - I live abroad and hope to visit Sheffield this summer (after 7 years.. ) or, possible getting a friend to send me some !!! Just wondered if anyone knows a shop so that I can go straight there as I'll only be in Sheffield for a short while and already have lot's of catching up to do.

Apparently drug addicts were buying it, thats why some pharmacies no longer sell it.

That's what I heard, but then other times I heard it's still available over the counter... Just wondered if there were any Forummers who are Chemists and know for sure

Archived