Kaolin & Morphine

I find it very hard to believe that anything containing morphine can be bought 'over the counter' ! Thought morphine was a controlled drug ! Kaolin and morph used to be given for diarrhoea .

I find it very hard to believe that anything containing morphine can be bought 'over the counter' ! Thought morphine was a controlled drug ! Kaolin and morph used to be given for diarrhoea .

It can be bought over the counter but is often recorded by pharmacists. Codeine and Dihydrocodeine are also controlled drugs (class B) but can be brought over the counter as long as they are combined with paracetamol.

It can be bought over the counter but is often recorded by pharmacists. Codeine and Dihydrocodeine are also controlled drugs (class B) but can be brought over the counter as long as they are combined with paracetamol.

But surely Morphine is a class A drug - how come this can be bought over the counter ?????

But surely Morphine is a class A drug - how come this can be bought over the counter ?????

Because it is a very very low dose and is combined with the Kaolin. As I said they also register every purchase so if you were going around trying to buy enough to extract it to sell they'd notice - likewise if you were addicted and were purchasing it regularly. It also makes it non financially viable to attempt extraction for resale.

Is it true that you can no longer buy Kaolin & Morphine ???

I went into Boots at Meadowhall last week and they had it, I would have purchased some but it wasn't for me so they wouldn't let me.

Archived