Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

Neither would I but they are the ones that have had the abduction on their front page every day since it happened, see how quick they drop it when something more juicy comes along.

My point exactly about this whole sorry affair...

Do I have to put it in flashing lights that I think what these parents did was WRONG?????

I have a daughter who is 4 next week, I have never left her unattended and never would. Her safety is of utmost importance.

I wish to have some compassion for people in torment. You apparently don't.

Well I think that makes you a cruel person for sure.

As I have said before bagger, stop talking with your rear end. Their torment is self inflicted because they NEGLECTED THEIR CHILDREN, Why should I be sympathetic towards them? And I can assure you that I am far from being a cruel person as you say I am. Just because I don't agree with you DOES NOT make me a cruel person. You sympathise with people that neglect their children, that is entirely up to you. I choose not to sympathise with them, for the pain and suffering they have caused their daughter by neglecting her. God only knows where she is and what she must be going through.

They NEGLECTED them, social services have proof of the neglect, if it was a working class person, we would be prosecuted and the remaining children taken out of our care!!

Oh come on.

If Social Services took away every child from parents who made a choice to supervise their kids at a level that most of us feel is insufficient then care homes would be absolutely overrun and the cries of 'nanny state' would be deafening (especially here on SF).

When I was born my mum forgot about me and left me behind at the Post Office, in the drive and so on, I used to wander off and get lost in shops - should I have been taken away from my family and put in care?

If that was the case I very much doubt I would have been able to hope for a life half as happy as the one I have now, with a loving caring family and (Ilike to think) a fair and balanced view of the world.

TBH the way the McCanns parent is none of our business. In fact, why do most of us take any notice? In fact, why am I even posting on this ridiculous inflammatory thread?!

Originally Posted by willman

perhaps if they'd put as much attention into her whilst she was at home i.e not leaving her alone whilst they went on a frivolous night out we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Well said :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

' you seem to think they are amazing people when in fact i wouldn't throw a bucket of water on them if they were on fire after what they've done!)

Tinkabel those are very hurtful and harsh words.

They have admitted there mistake over and over, they are in torment, they have lost a child under the most unusual circumstances.

Yes they were wrong to leave the children unguarded.

Why on earth do people, such as yourself seem to be suggesting to wish further torment upon them with such vitriolic comments?

They were silly, lax they did not look after their children we know that, but they did not abduct the child, they are not paedophiles they are not criminals. I for one pray for Madeline and their parents.

I don't agree with comments but if you were on fire I would throw a bucket of water on you.

Your guess is as good as mine cressida, reports in the media say that they left their children sleeping. I have just been looking at a photogreaph taken by the people who rented the apartment before the McCanns, the place they had the meal at, is 50 yards away from the apartment, but, the doors and windows were on the opposite side of the building from the bar. So they couldn't keep an eye on the doors and windows. They also said that when they went out, the gate was always open when they returned, and they have no idea why. I would imagine it was some opportunist thief checking to see if anyone had forgotten to lock their doors. They have also stated that the portugese police have not contacted them, as their fingerprints will be all over the window shutters as they used to open them everyday. Most apartments apparently do have satellite tv and dvd players in them.

Thanks Pooch, yes I noticed the doors and windows were on the other side, the road side, I was also wondering if police were seen in the complex itself checking staff

Thanks Pooch, yes I noticed the doors and windows were on the other side, the road side, I was also wondering if police were seen in the complex itself checking staff

If they were I don't think it was reported as such. But you would think that they would be checked out, if just to eliminate their fingerprints, apparently maids go in twice a week to change bedding, towels etc.

Oh come on.

If Social Services took away every child from parents who made a choice to supervise their kids at a level that most of us feel is insufficient then care homes would be absolutely overrun and the cries of 'nanny state' would be deafening (especially here on SF).

When I was born my mum forgot about me and left me behind at the Post Office, in the drive and so on, I used to wander off and get lost in shops - should I have been taken away from my family and put in care?

If that was the case I very much doubt I would have been able to hope for a life half as happy as the one I have now, with a loving caring family and (Ilike to think) a fair and balanced view of the world.

TBH the way the McCanns parent is none of our business. In fact, why do most of us take any notice? In fact, why am I even posting on this ridiculous inflammatory thread?!

OMG!!! Read the news reports, they weren't supervising them FULL STOP, they were out having a meal with friends whilst leaving 3 toddlers alone!!

I have and would never leave my toddler at home alone, its common sense that things would happen, you'd never imagine a paedophile would come and abduct them but surely they must've thought about fire etc, doesn't take a genius to work out 3 toddlers home alone is not safe and is not good parenting!

Any parent who leaves their toddler/young child alone should be punished, end of! There's thousands of couple who are desperate to have children, who would love and protect them and then there's people willy nilly breeding and thinking more of themselves than their kids.

We have been shown how the McCann's parenting skills are, therefore the public can have an opinion on their lack of common sense! We take so much notice because they are asking for our money to put their 'mistake' (as their family have said it was) right!

Tinkabel those are very hurtful and harsh words.

They have admitted there mistake over and over, they are in torment, they have lost a child under the most unusual circumstances. Yes they were wrong to leave the children unguarded.

Why on earth do people, such as yourself seem to be suggesting to wish further torment upon them with such vitriolic comments?

They were silly, lax they did not look after their children we know that, but they did not abduct the child, they are not paedophiles they are not criminals. I for one pray for Madeline and their parents.

I don't agree with comments but if you were on fire I would throw a bucket of water on you.

Where? Show me links telling me that they have admitted what they did was wrong? They haven't said anything like that, they purely said they were naive, they never said them kids shouldn't have been left alone, they can't see the wrong doing!

Silly???? Silly is accidently cutting your childs finger whilst trimming their nails, silly is allowing your child to play on their bike on the pavement and they then fall off!! Leaving your toddlers to fend alone isn't silly, its absolutely sickening and disgusting!

I pray little Madeleine is found but i have no sympathy whatsoever for the parents.

We also have to remember by looking at comments made by Portugal locals, they think we all leave our children home alone, the McCann's have shown us up as a nation for their own selfish needs.

I honestly do hope Madeleine is found safe and well but how is she going to feel when she's older knowing that is was her parents that put her through this ordeal??

Archived