Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

I think what you're forgetting is that in the medical profession they have to become used to dealing with difficult situations. Mr McCann as a hospital Consultant will be used to giving speeches at conferences and although it is a very hard situation for them they are probably able to deal with things in a totally different way to the rest of us.

I haven't forgotten that at all but I absolutely don't see how you can compare "dealing with a difficult situation" and "giving speeches at conferences" with having your own child abducted!!! My husband gives speeches at conferences but he'd be in pieces if anything happened to our child.

George Galloway on top form in the Daily Record:

Daily Record article

So even Dante himself would find it difficult to describe any circle of the inferno fit for Kate and Gerry McCann if it all turns out to have been a lie....

I said that if a single mother had left her three kids in the chalet at Butlins while she supped scampi and chips in the boozer, she would have immediately been attacked as a feral, feckless, unfit mother by the same media which was painting the grieving McCanns as the very embodiment of modern middle-class Britain....

Sensing they may have been made the biggest fools in history, the Press tables can be seen turning, the plates beginning to move....

What I have not seen in any interviews with the parents is any sign of remorse or indeed of any sign of feelings at all,every female I have spoke to or indeed overheard talking about this all say they would have been devastated,tearful and climbing the walls if this had happened to them,and thats a mild way of putting it

The father 'Gerry' did waver yesterday at the Airport as he said they had, had no part in the crime, but no i've not seen a single tear. I must admit all along have said the same, can't imagine staying so focused and non visually emotional.

That's a ridiculous thing to say. No one person responds and acts the same to grief and distress. And unless you've been in that situation (or indeed the women you speak of) then how can you know how it would feel. Stating you would be a wreck is silly when you've never been through it. They are going through hell, clearly, and so what if they deal with it differently to how others may?!!!!

Stating someone is silly and ridiculous, for feeling remorse for losing an unborn child, is ridiculous! The lady was making a point about how she had and so believes she'd feel. I can't imagine how one deals with having a child taken from you, But too know the hell at having a miscarriage as well as having a new born child taken to Special baby unit an hour after bringing them into the world and not knowing if they'll survive and how emotional i was over that and thats not silly or ridiculous either.

I tend to think it must have been planned...and she must have been targeted...If it was a spontaneous act then they've done a good job at leaving no trail and no evidence and no sightings...

That depends on who did whatever has been done though, had they been watched and had the same evening routine, not to hard really, even so. (3 mins after one person had looked in, they go in maybe wearing gloves, find the child, pick her up while possibly still sleeping, wrapped possibly in a sheet etc and leave.) OMG! Was it that simple? Or are we all been foolish and it was a family situation? I'm not sure we'll ever know now i'm sad to say.

youve done a 100% turn around a few posts ago you were condemning them saying you thought something was funny from the beginning now your defending them,make your mind up

You really are a very silly man :rant:

No, I have not done any sort of turn-around.

I haven't changed my mind in the slightest about there being something very 'odd' about the case from the start - I stand by that. It's a feeling, an intuition I've had from the beginning - but what exactly is wrong with the case, I can't put my finger on. Whether that 'wrongness' involves the McCanns or not, I have no idea. It is quite simply, a very strange situation.

I have never 'condemned' the McCanns in the slightest, and I take great offensive at you saying so.

I am open to the possibility they may have had more to do with the disappearance of their daughter than was previously thought. Possibility. May. That is all. Clearly the police have to look at all angles in a case as complex as this.

IF - and it's a big IF - it turns out the McCanns did accidentally cause Madeleine's death, then the whole scenario is an appalling and terrible tragedy, a tragedy for Madeleine's parents more than anyone except Madeleine herself. Can you even begin to imagine the unbearable feelings of guilt a parent must carry for causing their child's death, even if it was an accident? Their lives are never going to be the same again. Any condemnation of them the outside world can produce, I'm sure would fade into insignificance in comparison to the internal crucifying of themselves a parent would likely feel in such circumstances.

Whatever the reality behind Madeleine's disappearance, it's a family torn apart, and I feel desperately sorry for the whole family. Whatever's happened, it's a true living nightmare, the sort of thing no-one should have to suffer in their lives.

StarSparkle

Archived