Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

It's all speculation. Nobody know all facts. The Portugese Police have seen to that.

Exactly Pootle ....and people are commenting on what they have read in the media :rolleyes: It is the biggest feed of false information ever.

Unless you were in Portugal at the time - in the apartments and with The McCann's - how does anyone ever really know what's happened.????:suspect:

A little girl is missing still and must be found 1st and foremost surely .....:mad:

A 15 year old girl has gone missing in England, 5 days ago, (Rosemary Edwards) yet Maddie is still headline news when nothing new has happened in the case, just shows how some stories really hold the media attention.

I'm sure it's been said elsewhere on this thread but it is the media who are controlling this case and our perceptions of what may have happened and of the McCanns themselves. Check out private-eye for analysis of the press obsession with particular cases and not others.

Mr McCann was speaking at a conference recently (after Maddie's disappearance) with mainly police staff as delegates. After the conference Mr McCann stayed overnight taking full advantage of the free bar .....

The point being...?

It's this kind of (presumably, courtesy of some newspaper) tittle-tattle that feeds forums like this.

Similarly, the fact that the McCann's have returned home.

What does it mean?

Absolutely nothing in itself.

Simply a decision that they took.

Nothing can/should be read into it.

Having re-read some of the recent postings I've come to the conclusion that some folk actually WANT the pair to be guilty...

The point being...?

It's this kind of (presumably, courtesy of some newspaper) tittle-tattle that feeds forums like this.

What does it mean?

Having re-read some of the recent postings I've come to the conclusion that some folk actually WANT the pair to be guilty...

Thanks riff raff You took the words right out of my mouth.Iwas just about to say the same thing.

When Kate when into the apartment after Madeleine had gone missing she ran out shouting "they've taken her, they've taken her".

These were the first words used in bringing Madeleine's disappearance to the attention of the world - and as you suggest, peardrops, there's something rather odd about them. Agatha Christie couldn't have written a better plot.

Firstly, what made Kate McCann think that anybody had taken Madeleine - as opposed to Madeleine having just wandered off - given, we are led to believe, that the apartment rear door had been left unlocked? (The exit from the rear of the apartment is on to a public road outside the complex, not into the pool area, btw). Then, secondly, why the curious "they"? Gerry's reported reaction was also a little odd: 'going into a rage' - rather than, as one might expect, of panic and alarm.

We had the Azaria Chamberlain case in Australia (apologies if someone else has mentioned it - I haven't time now to read 54 pages); mother was blamed and jailed; new evidence and she was released. The false info fed through the media was astounding! And a lot of the "evidence" was that Lindy didn't react normally for a mother whose baby had been taken by a dingo!

"Excuse me, detective, how many mothers whose babies were taken by dingoes have you interviewed?"

The Chamberlains were Christians - so they were supported by faith; this gave them a different attitude to that of "normal" pseudo-christians. It was enough to condemn them.

Let's hope the Portuguese Police do a good job and find the real perps, who-ever they are!

The point being...?

What does it mean?

Yes I totally agree.

Also, I can't see why the fact that the McCanns are now suspects should make them guilty. If this had happened in England, the parents would have been suspects from the beginning.

I don't know if they are guilty or not - I hope against all hope that Maddie could be returned safe and well - however I personally don't believe that Maddie is still alive. I haven't done for a long time.

I think like others say the absence of any true facts makes the stories banded around just that - stories.

We had the Azaria Chamberlain case in Australia (apologies if someone else has mentioned it - I haven't time now to read 54 pages); mother was blamed and jailed; new evidence and she was released. The false info fed through the media was astounding! And a lot of the "evidence" was that Lindy didn't react normally for a mother whose baby had been taken by a dingo!

"Excuse me, detective, how many mothers whose babies were taken by dingoes have you interviewed?"

The Chamberlains were Christians - so they were supported by faith; this gave them a different attitude to that of "normal" pseudo-christians. It was enough to condemn them.

Let's hope the Portuguese Police do a good job and find the real perps, who-ever they are!

Think they already found them,just obtaining the proof is holding them back.

Kate McCanns comment initially when explaining why she wasnt coming home was that if she came home she had fears that the search/enquiry would fizzle out,suddenly she gets put into the picture as a suspect then rushes home,maybe she still thinks the enquiry will fizzle out now

Archived