Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

It's very hot in Portugal, so wouldn't the windows be shut with the a/c on ?

I read an article that many of the children that get snatched from their bedrooms are from poor families living in rural areas that have to leave all their windows open at night for lack of a/c or fans, trailer parks for example, also most go unreported as the parents are usually illegals and don't want to report it, also it's mostly a neighbour or family member and returns the child later, these we don't read about too often.

They MUST have found some trace of Maddy after all this time, some clue that the police are keeping it from the media.

They NEGLECTED them, social services have proof of the neglect, if it was a working class person, we would be prosecuted and the remaining children taken out of our care!!

the social service system is more supportive than that, despite whatever tabloid stories suggest. it aims to HELP people, not punish by removing children, regardless of class.

We also have to remember by looking at comments made by Portugal locals, they think we all leave our children home alone, the McCann's have shown us up as a nation for their own selfish needs.

don't be ridiculous. the portuguese are no more likely to think that we all leave our children unattended than we are to think that all chinese people work in paddy fields. in fact, given the level of media coverage, i'm sure most portuguese people would assume that child abductions of children left alone are very rare in the UK, if one single case can have this much coverage.

As I have said before bagger, stop talking with your rear end. Their torment is self inflicted because they NEGLECTED THEIR CHILDREN, Why should I be sympathetic towards them? And I can assure you that I am far from being a cruel person as you say I am. Just because I don't agree with you DOES NOT make me a cruel person. You sympathise with people that neglect their children, that is entirely up to you. I choose not to sympathise with them, for the pain and suffering they have caused their daughter by neglecting her. God only knows where she is and what she must be going through.

their torment isn't self inflicted, because they didn't abduct their child. they set up the circumstances that allowed it to happen...perhaps it would be more accurate to say that their torment is self-permitted. also, it is possible to sympathise with someone who neglects their child, not because they have neglected their child, but because they're going through one of the worst imaginable scenarios that a parent can go through. they have made one very big mistake, but for all we know they may be absolutely the most perfect parents aside from that mistake. just because they made that huge mistake also doesn't mean they don't love their child.

it might also be noted that this form of neglect is not the same as years of systematic neglect, even though years of neglect is clearly worse, the same evocative word is being applied to this case.

also, a general note about this thread;

i think we're all aware that if they hadn't left the children alone whilst they went out for dinner this wouldn't have happened. i don't see what relevance that has, or why people keep flagging it up. if they hadn't gone on holiday, if they hadn't had the child in the first place, if whoever took her hadn't taken her, if it had been raining.....then equally she wouldn't have been taken.

They MUST have found some trace of Maddy after all this time, some clue that the police are keeping it from the media.

Perhaps they have but why should any of the media or any of us need to know of any clues found? That's the problem with the UK media, particuarly in this case, where they will pounce on any new scrap of information and create unhelpful speculation.

If they have discovered any clues then surely it's best if the police keep it close to their chests so as not to alert the abductor/s.

If the police are going to catch the abductor/s then the element of suprise may well be their best weapon.

don't be ridiculous. the portuguese are no more likely to think that we all leave our children unattended than we are to think that all chinese people work in paddy fields. in fact, given the level of media coverage, i'm sure most portuguese people would assume that child abductions of children left alone are very rare in the UK, if one single case can have this much coverage.

Rather than assuming i am making it up, have a look at old newspapers online and LOOK at the comments from the Portuguese people rather than nit picking at my comment :loopy:

their torment isn't self inflicted, because they didn't abduct their child. they set up the circumstances that allowed it to happen...perhaps it would be more accurate to say that their torment is self-permitted. also, it is possible to sympathise with someone who neglects their child, not because they have neglected their child, but because they're going through one of the worst imaginable scenarios that a parent can go through. they have made one very big mistake, but for all we know they may be absolutely the most perfect parents aside from that mistake. just because they made that huge mistake also doesn't mean they don't love their child.

it might also be noted that this form of neglect is not the same as years of systematic neglect, even though years of neglect is clearly worse, the same evocative word is being applied to this case.

also, a general note about this thread;

i think we're all aware that if they hadn't left the children alone whilst they went out for dinner this wouldn't have happened. i don't see what relevance that has, or why people keep flagging it up. if they hadn't gone on holiday, if they hadn't had the child in the first place, if whoever took her hadn't taken her, if it had been raining.....then equally she wouldn't have been taken.

So why exactly have a thread on it then if we aren't to mention any of this???? Yes we all want her to be found safe and well but not everyone has sympathy for the parents, especially because they don't come across as knowing that they were in the wrong, they can't see that they should never have left them, they just believe they were naive and made a mistake, a mistake John McCann reckons we all make, well not me i'm afraid!!

the social service system is more supportive than that, despite whatever tabloid stories suggest. it aims to HELP people, not punish by removing children, regardless of class.

Oh and one more thing, one of my closest friends had her children removed by the social services after she approached them for help, i'm guessing her been a single mother of 5, living on benefits with no family support had nothing to do with it ey??

********, social services stinks.

These 'parents' (i used the term loosely) do need help if they think what they did was just a mistake!!! Parenting classes might be a good start!!

It's very hot in Portugal, so wouldn't the windows be shut with the a/c on ?

I read an article that many of the children that get snatched from their bedrooms are from poor families living in rural areas that have to leave all their windows open at night for lack of a/c or fans, trailer parks for example, also most go unreported as the parents are usually illegals and don't want to report it, also it's mostly a neighbour or family member and returns the child later, these we don't read about too often.

I remember reading there was a trace of her at a nearby supermarket but nothing else was said about it. I don't think the police are releasing everything to the press :confused:

So why exactly have a thread on it then if we aren't to mention any of this???? Yes we all want her to be found safe and well but not everyone has sympathy for the parents, especially because they don't come across as knowing that they were in the wrong, they can't see that they should never have left them, they just believe they were naive and made a mistake, a mistake John McCann reckons we all make, well not me i'm afraid!!

Because it has been established they have made a mistake.

Why do some feel the need to go on about it?

And I presume you mean Gerry McCann?

Archived