Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

Out of interest, if they are requested to return Portugal for questioning, charging, un-charging etc who will pay for the flights?

Aren't you getting a little nit picky on this thread now Peardrops.....

We, as taxpayers (assuming) you are one .....Flush thousands of pounds into the gutter for far worse things !;)

No idea, but I assume they pay themselves. Of course, given how much money they've raised, this is not exactly a problem.

Right and wrong.

Yes, they'd pay for the travel, but out of their own funds, not the collected funds resulting from the appeals.

That money is solely for the purpose of finding the child, nothing else.....

Aren't you getting a little nit picky on this thread now Peardrops.....

We, as taxpayers (assuming) you are one .....Flush thousands of pounds into the gutter for far worse things !;)

I'm not getting nit picky. I contributed to the Madeleine fund purely for the purposes of helping find little Madeleine. If they were summonsed back to Portugal for reasons other than finding Madeleine I don't expect my money to fund this.

I remember when Ben Needham went missing in Greece and his parents didn't get any financial support that I can remember.

I am a tax payer yes and I know that money is thrown away.

Right and wrong.

Yes, they'd pay for the travel, but out of their own funds, not the collected funds resulting from the appeals.

That money is solely for the purpose of finding the child, nothing else.....

Surely, proving their innocence would be a vital part of finding the child?

If you believe that they are innocent it would be perfectly reasonable to expect them to use the million pounds plus for everything from flights to hotels to meals to extradition and defence lawyers... so that they can go on to find the real killer.

I'm not getting nit picky. I contributed to the Madeleine fund purely for the purposes of helping find little Madeleine. If they were summonsed back to Portugal for reasons other than finding Madeleine I don't expect my money to fund this.

Peardrop - I read a quote from Gerry McCann at the weekend (cant remember where sorry) that they would have to cover all the costs of defending themselves out of their own pockets, as they were not allowed to use any of the 'missing madeleine' funds. ;)

Surely, proving their innocence would be a vital part of finding the child?

If you believe that they are innocent it would be perfectly reasonable to expect them to use the million pounds plus for everything from flights to hotels to meals to extradition and defence lawyers... so that they can go on to find the real killer.

They don't have to prove their innocence.....

Archived