Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

Well her lawyer,her sister,her husband...need any more or are you trying to say shock!! horror !!they are actually telling porkies and the Police havent offered them a deal..The McCanns lying...never

No, I just wasn't aware.

If they didn't kill Maddy (accidentally or otherwise), then no doubt they're telling the truth. If they did, then no doubt they're lying. Pays yer money and takes yer choice.

.........Tell me how is it that the Sunday Mirror managed to get an exclusive with Kate Mccann, when Kate knows full well she is forbidden by Portuguse law from speaking to the media about the case?...........

........Kate was speaking on Friday morning - after her first police interrogation this week, but before police officially classed her a suspect.....

Sunday Mirror

Ahh the Sunday Mirror!:suspect:

Tell me how is it that the Sunday Mirror managed to get an exclusive with Kate Mccann, when Kate knows full well she is forbidden by Portuguse law from speaking to the media about the case?:huh:

Again, if indeed the Sunday Mirror is to be believed, then it is much more likely that these are second hand quotes rather than direct quotes, relayed by none other than Philomena Mccann or another Team Mccann member.

It's well documented that newspapers often use quotation marks, even though no direct quote was ever taken.

So still no real solid facts.

you're in error, I think, KM...

whilst I agree that papers are very fond of reporting what folk haven't said, as "verbatim", and that some quotes may be "second-hand":-

I believe she's only forbidden by the Portugese law from talking about certain aspects of the case, not from talking about the case "full-stop". I mean, it'd be a bit rum, wouldn't it, if she could not say, on TV, or in the papers, "My 4 yr old daughter has gone missing:- please help us find her!"

Ahh the Sunday Mirror!:suspect:

much more likely that these are second hand quotes rather than direct quotes, relayed by none other than Philomena Mccann or another Team Mccann member.

So still no real solid facts.

Am waiting with bated breath for the Portuguese police to haul in the members of GM/KM or Team McCann, in particular PM talking to ITN.

Police must be just as incensed a 3rd party had blurted this out in particular, which can only come from KM/GM, spokesperson or lawyers.

But they already know this would/could happen.

Wish they would just get on with it ..holding my breath doesnt do much for my complexion.

you're in error, I think, KM...

whilst I agree that papers are very fond of reporting what folk haven't said, as "verbatim", and that some quotes may be "second-hand":-

I believe she's only forbidden by the Portugese law from talking about certain aspects of the case, not from talking about the case "full-stop". I mean, it'd be a bit rum, wouldn't it, if she could not say, on TV, or in the papers, "My 4 yr old daughter has gone missing:- please help us find her!"

I would have thought that what the Portuguese police said in the interview was also off limits, whether she was a formal suspect or not.

Still don't trust the Sunday Mirror for totally accurate reporting even if they did indeed conduct the interview.

I would have thought that what the Portuguse said in the interview was also off limits, whether she was a formal suspect or not.

Still don't trust the Sunday Mirror for totally accurate reporting even if they did indeed conduct the interview.

If the McCanns read just that CNN article alone, and felt it was libel or slander - and it jeopardised their conditions with the police - would it not come up as contencious by now?

The portuguese police must have nobody monitoring world media reports. That must be it.

(Or do I have to keep holding my breath?)

No, I just wasn't aware.

If they didn't kill Maddy (accidentally or otherwise), then no doubt they're telling the truth. If they did, then no doubt they're lying. Pays yer money and takes yer choice.

So as regards my post on Police procedure then that must translate as

1.The McCanns are lying and the Police are being truthful

or

2.The McCanns are telling the truth and the Police are lying.

Simple as

Now you have got to ask the question ..Would the Police come out with an outright blatant lie considering the worldwide high profile of the situation,knowing that probably every government in the world will be awaiting the outcome,and the possible political repercussions if they were lying?

Am waiting with bated breath for the Portuguese police to haul in the members of GM/KM or Team McCann, in particular PM talking to ITN.

Police must be just as incensed a 3rd party had blurted this out in particular, which can only come from KM/GM, spokesperson or lawyers.

But they already know this would/could happen.

Wish they would just get on with it ..holding my breath doesnt do much for my complexion.

The fact remains that this is a Portuguese led investigation, and that Portuguses law should really be respected.

The fact that Philomena and Justine Mcguinness made public what was discussed behind closed doors to the media, was frankly a dumb thing to do. The Portugusese police most likely took a dim view of this, and would most likely make things a lot worse for the Mccanns, guilty or not.:huh:

Archived