Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

Of course there will be a charge,neglect,abandonment,to name but two which will not carry a high tariff,how many laws do you think Police work under,a dozen:loopy:

But look at it this way - she confesses to killing her accidentally - she is convicted of the appropriate crime, she receives a fixed sentence. Or, she doesn't confess, they prove she killed her daughter accidentially, she is convicted of the same crime and receives the same sentence. Where's the deal?

Of course there will be a charge,neglect,abandonment,to name but two which will not carry a high tariff,how many laws do you think Police work under,a dozen:loopy:

Should they actually press charges the outcome will be devastating either way in my eyes. Just hope to 'whoever' they find Madeline.

But look at it this way - she confesses to killing her accidentally - she is convicted of the appropriate crime, she receives a fixed sentence. Or, she doesn't confess, they prove she killed her daughter accidentially, she is convicted of the same crime and receives the same sentence. Where's the deal?

Is that right? Surely if a person doesn't admit and then is found guilty the punishment is greater.

Oh i see, just remember all the hype for the poor little thing, then all the slander and stories about the mom in following years. He did however never get found or anyone charged for the crime of his disappearance did they?

Ben Needham is an interesting case as it seems the Greek police never instigated a thorough search of the neighbouring area (as appears to have been completed in the Portuguese case). So there is a chance with Ben that his body is somewhere in the countryside where he disappeared. A toddler in sweltering afternoon heat would only survive for so long without any foul play being involved.

In that case, how could they have gone out for dinner like that? I would imagine only a 'psychopath' could carry on and act as though things were 'normal'.

Also, it is reported that one of their friend's they were dining with, took their turn in checking on the kids - not just the McCann's but also the others kids belonging to those who were dining together.

1..Im saying nothing

2. numerous ways to get round that again its supposition,would this be the friend who was suspect at one time.

Is that right? Surely if a person doesn't admit and then is found guilty the punishment is greater.

According to a Portugeuse lawyer on the news at the weekend it doesn't make any difference in Portugal, as the sentence is fixed. Of course, he could be wrong - but I'm taking this talk of a deal with a pinch of salt (along with everything else in this investigation - as everything seems to come at least third hand).

Right they offer her a deal where they charge her ,lets say with neglect.. she turns it down

They then find they can prove beyond doubt something so they charge her with a more serious charge than she would be facing if she had taken the deal

According to a Portugeuse lawyer on the news at the weekend it doesn't make any difference in Portugal, as the sentence is fixed. Of course, he could be wrong - but I'm taking this talk of a deal with a pinch of salt (along with everything else in this investigation - as everything seems to come at least third hand).

Exactly, thats what i said from the start, it's been a mix up all the way, with no definate answers, explanations etc. Think the family members of the immediate McCnns should have took a note out of the polices law book and kept their mouths closed as well at times, as they've not overly helped either.

Of course they have offered a deal her lawyer and others have said so,you dont think her lawyers daft enough to come out with something like that if it wasnt true he would be disbarred and loose his livelyhood

Also the Police would refute it if they had not have offered one,they may not be allowed to tell whats happening but Im damn sure they are allowed to tell whats not happening

As for the fixed tariff iv already explained that read the posts please

Something has been bothering me the past few days.

The facts are the McCanns actions, by leaving their child alone, have led to her probable death.

The grandmother who allowed the Pitt Bull into the house which then attacked her grandaughter killing her also by her actions led to her death.

They have clearly been treated differently especially by the media.

On one hand we have an educated, middle class couple portraid as victims and on the other a 'working' class woman who to be fair wouldn't do too well on Mastermind portraid as an evil witch.

It certainly speaks volumes about our society.

Archived