Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

If you look at the facts over the last four months , where would you be putting up your tent

in these cases i often feel the truth lies close to home...there are so many small elements that don't seem to add up.

The dossier on the three suspects has been handed on...none of us really know what it contains, but it must be worthy of some bloody serious consideration!

Exactly. None of us are detectives, but I think we are all able to read peoples body language, and reactions.

I used to have this line of thinking then heard a report that with them being docs they are trained to handle their emotions. Like when having to give people bad news and dealing with very emotional patients.

Even though they are her parents this will make up part of their character.

I think most of us normal working class people find their behaviour strange, but I've worked with professional people like doctors, solicitors etc and can understand the McCann's behaviour to an extent. It's almost like they're a different breed, they way they live their lives, educate their children and treat one another. It's not for me to judge but many of us are being dictated to by the media. I just hope that the truth comes out in the end, or what we'd all like to see, Madeline found safe and well.

Fair point. But the only facts we are getting (and I use the word facts advisedly) are from what we see in the media and for better or worse, the general public are going to base their opinions on that

So you could argue it is the blind leading the blind

There may well be many other cases where things don't turn out to be true, however this case seems to have taken "speculation, rumours, mysterious sources" to a new level.

What I'm trying to say is, nothing can be taken as fact unless it it comes from the horses mouth. Sure you could also say that the horse is lying, but at least you heard it from the horse not it's rider so to speak.:huh:

For example if the media splash "Police about to swoop and make arrest in days" as they did only a few weeks back, then take that report with a huge pinch of salt ,and wait for the arrest to actually occur before you give it any credence.

If the press say the the Mccann's are going to be charged, then wait for the police or the Portuguses authorities to announce it and don't rely on these, over paid sloppy reporters and journalist that have seemed swap good journalism practices for reporting speculation, second guessing and leaks as facts!:suspect:

Exactly. None of us are detectives, but I think we are all able to read peoples body language, and reactions. If it were my daughter the last thing I would be doing is traipsing around Europe, and posing around the holiday resort.

I think the traipsing around europe as you call it is part of them trying to make other parts of europe aware of madeleine which is what i would do in that situation as they said leaving no stone unturned.

As for the posing around the resort would you rather they kept themselves hold up in sack cloths in the apartment.I have not seen any posing as such.

I used to have this line of thinking then heard a report that with them being docs they are trained to handle their emotions. Like when having to give people bad news and dealing with very emotional patients.

Even though they are her parents this will make up part of their character.

I think most of us normal working class people find their behaviour strange, but I've worked with professional people like doctors, solicitors etc and can understand the McCann's behaviour to an extent. It's almost like they're a different breed, they way they live their lives, educate their children and treat one another. It's not for me to judge but many of us are being dictated to by the media. I just hope that the truth comes out in the end, or what we'd all like to see, Madeline found safe and well.

As I said in an earlier post, the 'stiff upper lip' attitude has traditionally been a part of the upbringing and training of the 'professional classes'. Think English public schools. Showing a lot of emotion is distinctly frowned upon in the traditional professions. It's seen as a sign of weakness.

Normal behaviour in middle class/upper middle class families can seem very cold-blooded to those not used to it. It doesn't mean that the people concerned are necessarily feeling any less strong emotion than more emotionally-expressive people - it just means they've been taught from a young age not to display emotion excessively, no matter how they're feeling inside.

That's why I don't think you can tell anything about how the McCanns are feeling, going solely by how they are presenting themselves. I think it's very unfair on them, to be expecting them to be constantly crying or weeping and wailing - it's almost certainly not their way.

StarSparkle

Like a poster has said people react differently to situations. I know a young girl who had an accident with her youngest child of 10 months. The child ended up in hospital and because the young woman was trying to hold it together she was accused of being unemotional and thereby 'lost' her children to social services. Her three children have ended up being adopted. I know it is a different scenario but the 'showing emotion' certainly isn't.

My friend is a social worker and you do not take the child away from their parents willy nilly. I think you are under estimating the intelligence of social workers, But that is another forum. If a parent left a child under 12 8in this country they would be under scrutiny (IF reported or had lost their child)

Ok I am off out I am going to leave my three kiddies under the age of four alone, they are fast asleep with the door open while I nip up the road for my tea.

What would you all say to me if that were true.?

I have never left my kids alone ever. This is the the parents fault for doing so.

They are not thick and I know your all going to say we all make mistakes

where ever the little one is I hope she is at peace bless her.

Archived