Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

The 'story' becomes more incredulous by the day.

It's hard to work out what is truth, what is speculation, what is almost truth, etc, etc, as all we have to go on really are media reports of things - which, as today has shown, may contain total contradictory information.

My gut feeling is still that the McCann's are innocent, as there are so many things that that don't add up. But then I begin to become a fence sitter , as it looks like maybe they did have some involvement - as there are so many things that don't add up. KWIM?

I can't begin to imagine what's really happened and what the people involved may be feeling. At the end of the day I guess it's becoming more likely that we'll never know.

Whatever it may be, whether Maddy's alive or not, the life of a beautiful little girl has been horrfically compromised. I still want to believe she's alive - but that's the 'heart voice' of a mum of another 4 year old girl talking.

Well, it seems that not too much of the £1 million was actually used in the investigation. Its been 4 months, and it does beg the question, what exactly were the funds going to be used for if hardly any of it's been touched.

Here are some quotes from Gerry and Justine Mguiness regarding the possible use of the fund money to support their up potential coming legal costs.

Justine McGuinness : “Gerry and Kate are paying for their own legal team. But they are looking into the legality of using the Find Madeleine campaign fund in the future.”

Gerry Mccann:“It seems like a disaster that we’ve got this huge donated fund and now we’re not allowed to use it for legal costs because we’re under suspicion."

Sorry to say this but Madeleine fund was never really needed and should never have been set up, I said this right at the beginning and it looks like I was right.:suspect:

If the Mccann's want to try and raise funds for their legal expenses then that's fair enough, but that should be up to the public as to whether they want to support the Mccanns with their legal costs.

The sample was taken from the boot, where the spare tyre is kept.

It had an 88% match with the missing four-year-old's DNA, sources said.

Police searching the car also found so much of Madeleine's hair that it could not have been transferred from a blanket or clothes.

It must have come directly from her body, sources said.

If this is true, its difficult to concive a scenario where they are incoccent. Hair and DNA from fluid match in a hire car, thats a slam dunk in most instances.

I cant believe that so many people are convinced that the police are correct to place her parents as suspects.

Some Portuguese reports (Not confirmed) suggests that it was the Mccanns that actually requested that they become suspects, as it now means that they don't have to answer certain questions put to them by the police. If they weren't named as suspects then they would have to answer ALL questions put to them by the police. It has also been reported that it was Kate's refusal to answer certain questions which led the police to give her the choice of being an official suspect or not. Again these are only unconfirmed reports so I can't vouch for accuracy here.

Some Portuguese reports (Not confirmed) suggests that it was the Mccanns that requested that they become suspects, as it now means that they don't have to answer certain questions put to them by the police. If they weren't named as suspects then they would have to answer ALL questions put to them by the police. It has also been reported that it was Kate's refusal to answer certain questions which led the police to give her the choice of being an official suspect or not. Again these are only unconfirmed reports so I can't vouch for accuracy here.
And why was she refusing to answer questions :suspect:

The main inference in this is that the prosecutor has studied the evidence and passed it on to the judge for the go ahead to prosecute,this I think is just a matter of procedure and it looks pretty certain that a prosecution will follow.The main guessing game now will be what the charge will be,considering the speculation of the offer of a deal I think it will fall on the serious side.

I cant believe that so many people are convinced that the police are correct to place her parents as suspects.

Hello? Who are the only two people who we know for an absolute certainty were in and out of that apartment at various times? How can they possibly NOT be Suspects Number One?

Some people apparently don't know the difference between "suspect" and "probably murderer."

Hello? Who are the only two people who we know for an absolute certainty were in and out of that apartment at various times? How can they possibly NOT be Suspects Number One?

Some people apparently don't know the difference between "suspect" and "probably murderer."

probably murderer what are you saying.

Archived