Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

I wish everyone would stop going on about the girl in all fairness. Shes no better than any of the other missing people all around the world.

Nobody ever said she was.

And people will discuss what they want. People can also choose to read what they want and contribute to which threads they want.

Those that are not interested or bored can go elsewhere can't they?

I'm new to this forum and to this thread, but I've just had enough of hearing about the McCanns. I cam ehere to find somewhere to let off steam, but find that many share my feelings nad have expressed themselves here far better than I could

Firstly, I am not parent and Secondly, I desperately want the child to be found safe and well

But havng said that, I have been apalled frm the beginning to know that her parents went out for the evening leaving 3 children under five all alone

Also, their determination to keep this in the media is leading to a sense of "overkill" as far as I am concerned - especially as I see them now jetting off to see the Pope and then on to a tour of Europe, leaving their twins behind

And as for the fighting fund and yellow ribons..........well, it's all a step too far for me!

As I said, all views which have been rehearsed many times on this thread already, but I just had to get it out of my system!

i feel for the parents but there are issues to be addressed as to their responsibilities, for a start, if i go on holiday with my other half and my son, most of my time is taken up looking where he has got to on his travells, not enjoying myself !!! when i was a kid my parents had a right old job keeping track of me !! BUT THEY DID!!! constantly. i can remember the time when kids were not left out of sight never mind out of thought...i will be the first to say this "in all fairness due to the constant bombardment of the media (out on their jollies enjoying the sun !!!:rant: " there is little chance that this poor little girl is ever going to appear in one piece again. i feel horrible for saying that but how long is it now??? the only thing to come out of this tradgedy is that more and more parents will be asking themselves questions before leaving their kids unsupervised whilst on holiday...:sad:

I'm new to this forum and to this thread, but I've just had enough of hearing about the McCanns.

And as for the fighting fund and yellow ribons..........well, it's all a step too far for me!

Welcome Simon!

Before anyone jumps on me, I will state for the umpteenth time, I hope Madeleine is found safe and well and soon.

Simon you missed out the minute's silence, the releasing of yellow balloons,and the Madeleine's song day.

Welcome Simon!

Before anyone jumps on me, I will state for the umpteenth time, I hope Madeleine is found safe and well and soon.

Simon you missed out the minute's silence, the releasing of yellow balloons,and the Madeleine's song day.

Don't forget the prayer vigils, meeting with Pope, and the travel around Europe. Would hate you all to miss the opportunity to mock everything.

Ooh, just thought of another - the jockeys are now wearing yellow ribbons today too.

i will be the first to say this "in all fairness due to the constant bombardment of the media (out on their jollies enjoying the sun !!!:rant: " there is little chance that this poor little girl is ever going to appear in one piece again.

Well let's sincerely hope that is not the case but I also feel that the high media profile has done more harm than good. The environment being such that the abductor wouldn't want to be seen anywhere in public with Madeleine, thus forcing them to keep her hidden away somewhere, therefore lessoning the chances of a member of the public seeing her.

Also perhaps the abductor doesn't want to take the risk of releasing her now for fear of getting caught seen with Madeleine in this heightened climate, and may prefer to release her when the media attention has died down somewhat. Clearly the Mccann's were advised to keep the case in the media,but I can't help but think that they rather rushed into this decision rather than to consider alternative strategies.

Unless its, say, a hair from a previous guest in the appartment. If that persons DNA was on file, they would automatically become a suspect, even if they had nothing to do with it. It is much better if they can match it with someone who is already a suspect. DNA at a crime scene does not mean that it is the criminals, thats why people 'blah blah' about civil liberties.

But what if it wasn't a hair from a previous guest, what if it was the kidnapper - maybe a kidnapper striking for the first time? Everyone starts somewhere.

Surely it would be better to know and eliminate the innocent previous guest from the investigation and not raise false hopes as this is doing?

Archived