Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

Well they paid 3 Dutchmen to follow up a clairvoyants physic message that the girl was killed in the apartment, taken to the beach in a white van and dumped there.

Mind you, they didn't find her. :suspect:

Ah - that's the problem with physic messages - they're not as good as psychic ones!

(Sorry, Tony! Couldn't resist it...!)

Did Gerry McCann have a vision? Extract from an interview which the McCanns gave in mid June to the Catholic journal The Tablet:

The parish priest also gave the McCanns the keys to the church so that they could pray there alone in the evenings. It was while they were doing this early in the first week that Mr McCann had an extraordinary experience.

"When I was praying I started thinking of all the things that were happening. There were lots and lots of ideas in my head and how we could make things better and I was really feeling very down and not sure which way to proceed. I had this mental image of being in a tunnel and instead of the light at the end of the tunnel being extremely narrow and a distant spot, the light opened up and the tunnel got wider and wider and went in many different directions. I talked to you [Kate] about it and said, ‘I am not prepared to pursue one path. We are going to do everything in our power to influence things.'

"It was almost like something - I am not saying it was the Holy Spirit - came into me and gave me that image. That is when I really felt I had a clear path."

Was it a religious experience?

"I can't say it was a vision because I am not clear what a vision is but I had a mental image and it certainly helped me decide. I became a man possessed that night. The next day I was up at dawn, making phone calls."

Just as something else to think about Gerry McCann wrote this in hs internet blog on the 30th August

"We do not know who has taken Madeleine or why.

"Sometimes people do things for reasons that even they cannot understand.

An act of madness, an accident or sudden impulse can lead to consequences that people may never have imagined or intended.

"Faced with such a situation, we believe any human soul will ultimately suffer torment and feelings of guilt and fear.

"If you have done something you regret, if you find yourself in a situation you never intended, it is not too late to do the right thing.

"Please come forward, return Madeleine, leave her in a place of safety.

"At the very least, help us by letting us know what has happened to our beautiful little girl."

Bit too close to what seems to be the case for his wife for my liking

Because it's probably the option that most people would hate to see.

I don't think it's particularly silly - just someone expressing a natural human feeling at something that would be against the 'natural order' of things. After all, parents are suposed to nurture their kids, not kill them.

Exactly, it just doesn't bare believable. surely then if this artical etc has any trith the friend also a doctor i believe will be brought in again won't they, as there information that checkingon the children after the father and before the mother isn't possible to be 'All was well!'

Oh how even more terrible can this get?

A meeting of the Trustees of the "Find Madeleine" Fund met this afternoon and agreed it's contents would not be made available to the McCann parents to fund any of their legal costs arising from recent developments.

I would expect Mr. Murat would have sufficient grounds to recover his costs from the Portuguese authorities if the PJ's suspicions were proved to be unjust.

I must say even though i find it so unbelieveable that they were involved, I totally agree with the Trustees, were they to allow the funds to bbe used for the Mccanns legal costs, it would open a awfully huge can of worms and pending the outcome hurt and offend so many people who pledged to help find an innocent little girl.

The money given surely was given in good faith by all concerned to help find Madeleine, not get well not for what the McCanns are asking for. If Gerry Mccann did make the comment about not been able to use it, he has made a comment that could look bad to me in many eyes, if things continue on the route they appear to be at this time via the medias info.

It would be ludicrous for the McCanns to use this money for their legal fees as it has been donated (some of it from from high profile celebs) with the belief that it will be ........

Not ludicrous at all.

What many of us said earlier was that it is ludicrous for the hysterical masses to donate money without reading or knowing the purposes of the fund.

It has been posted earlier, but one "object" of the fund is clearly stated:

1.1.3 To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine’s family.

Portugese TV has reported that police have become aware of some background relating to the Norwegian woman, Mari Olli Pollard, who claimed to have spotted Madeleine in Morocco.

Prior to moving to the Malaga area of Spain, Mrs Pollard and her British husband, Raymond, lived in Groby, Leicestershire, fairly near to the McCanns' home at Rothley. Furthermore, Mr Pollard is said to have been previously acquainted with Gerry McCann's brother, John. These facts were apparently not made known to police when the sighting was first reported.

:suspect:

Archived