Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

I cannot believe some of the things which have been said.The mccanns are suffering a GREAT loss at the moment and for people to be basically saying that THEY are suffering because of the constant media attention(which lets face it is EXACTLY what some of you are trying to put forward) is beyond bloody belief!!!!!!!!!!!!!.But the argument keeps boiling down to the issue of "well why not for ALL the missing children?" Well you would REALLY be suffering then wouldn't you.This isn't ENTERTAINMENT,its a real time tragedy and until this little girl is found it will be with us.LIKE IT OR NOT.

I Hope This Lttle Girl Is Found Safe And Well,and I Cannot Imagine What The Parents Are Going Through,but I Also Feel They Were Totally Irresponsible Toleave Their Children On Their Own,surely This Itself Is Illegal; I Also Wonder How The Media Would Have Reacted Had It Been The Child Of A Single Parent On Holiday With A Friend,i Am Sure She Would Have Been Slated For Leaving Her Kids To "go On The Ale "with Her Friend,but In My Opinion The Only Difference Here Is That Maddies Parents Are Middle Class High Profile People So It Is Not Classed As "irresponsible" Because They Are In The Medical Profession,also They Had Said This Was The 5th Night They Had Left The Children Alone,and They Had Been Fine Before,ialso Found It Hard To Believe They Were Shown On Tv The Morning After The Dissappearance Taking The Other 2 To A Nearby Creche,personally I Would Not Have Wanted Them Out Of My Site!!! Anywaythis Is Just My Opinion And It Does Not Deter From The Fact That This Little Girl Is Somewhere Alone And We Should All Pray For Her Safe Return X

Well let's sincerely hope that is not the case but I also feel that the high media profile has done more harm than good. The environment being such that the abductor wouldn't want to be seen anywhere in public with Madeleine, thus forcing them to keep her hidden away somewhere, therefore lessoning the chances of a member of the public seeing her.

Also perhaps the abductor doesn't want to take the risk of releasing her now for fear of getting caught seen with Madeleine in this heightened climate, and may prefer to release her when the media attention has died down somewhat. Clearly the Mccann's were advised to keep the case in the media,but I can't help but think that they rather rushed into this decision rather than to consider alternative strategies.

Hopefully, now Madeleine is no longer front page news, some progress can be made in finding her.

I Hope This Lttle Girl Is Found Safe And Well,and I Cannot Imagine What The Parents Are Going Through,but I Also Feel They Were Totally Irresponsible Toleave Their Children On Their Own,surely This Itself Is Illegal; I Also Wonder How The Media Would Have Reacted Had It Been The Child Of A Single Parent On Holiday With A Friend,i Am Sure She Would Have Been Slated For Leaving Her Kids To "go On The Ale "with Her Friend,but In My Opinion The Only Difference Here Is That Maddies Parents Are Middle Class High Profile People So It Is Not Classed As "irresponsible" Because They Are In The Medical Profession,also They Had Said This Was The 5th Night They Had Left The Children Alone,and They Had Been Fine Before,ialso Found It Hard To Believe They Were Shown On Tv The Morning After The Dissappearance Taking The Other 2 To A Nearby Creche,personally I Would Not Have Wanted Them Out Of My Site!!! Anywaythis Is Just My Opinion And It Does Not Deter From The Fact That This Little Girl Is Somewhere Alone And We Should All Pray For Her Safe Return X

Good lord, how many times does it need to be said?

EVERYONE on here has said they were irresponsible for leaving the kids that night. And they have only become 'high profile' people because of what has happened to their daughter.

It all very well for postees to apportion blame...but this isn't the time to do that...surely the main priority is to find Madeleine. Her parents must be the first to realise that they did something wrong and whatever the outcome they will probably punish themselves for the rest of their lives.

And can ALL of us lay our hands on our hearts and say that our parenting skills have been above reproach...I for one have made mistakes - only not the type that lead to front page news.

All I can say here is LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE.

The only objective at this time is to find the little girl. And ONLY once that has been done can the other issues be looked at, if indeed they need to be.

It all very well for postees to apportion blame...but this isn't the time to do that...surely the main priority is to find Madeleine. Her parents must be the first to realise that they did something wrong and whatever the outcome they will probably punish themselves for the rest of their lives.

And can ALL of us lay our hands on our hearts and say that our parenting skills have been above reproach...I for one have made mistakes - only not the type that lead to front page news.

All I can say here is LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE.

The only objective at this time is to find the little girl. And ONLY once that has been done can the other issues be looked at, if indeed they need to be.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

But what if it wasn't a hair from a previous guest, what if it was the kidnapper - maybe a kidnapper striking for the first time? Everyone starts somewhere.

Surely it would be better to know and eliminate the innocent previous guest from the investigation and not raise false hopes as this is doing?

Well, you wouldn't get a conviction from just someones DNA in the apartment, so there needs to be other evidence too. I think it better to use DNA as a conformation, not a way to make someone a suspect. We have already seen how one mans life has quite possibly been ruined by being made a suspect. If they had everyones DNA then it would be probably be at least two lives ruined.

I hope that this girl is found, and I understand why the family are whipping up so much media attention, It must be awful for them right now as hope must be fading.

It must be awful for them right now as hope must be fading.

How difficult must it be to accept that your child is not coming back when no body or other signs are available to confirm your fears?

It seems unlikely that this girl will be found alive now and in many ways the vestiges of hope, comforting thought they might be for the family must also draw out the grieving process that they must now start to go through.

How difficult must it be to accept that your child is not coming back when no body or other signs are available to confirm your fears?

It seems unlikely that this girl will be found alive now and in many ways the vestiges of hope, comforting thought they might be for the family must also draw out the grieving process that they must now start to go through.

"Unlikely"....how do you know?????? What an awful thing to say...yes it is now four weeks since Madeleine was abducted but that does not necessarily mean that the family have to start grieving....

The outcome you post is too awful to think of. The parents would not be out there making sure the media kept this high profile if they had any such thoughts that Madeleine would not be coming home alive.

If we all - including the parents - gave up hope in the way you have then this would be a very sad world.

Unless we are told differently that little girl is alive and just unable, at this present time, to be with her parents......harbingers of doom do not help this situation one little bit.

Archived