Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

No, they need samples of hair that have been in a decomposing skull. There is a subtle but important difference.

I'm no forensic scientist and I'm not privy to the investigation, but the Police seem to think there's something to investigate.

No, they need samples of hair that have been in a decomposing skull. There is a subtle but important difference.

I'm no forensic scientist and I'm not privy to the investigation, but the Police seem to think there's something to investigate.

Surely thats exactly it, there are those who believe the McCanns guilty of something, and those who keep saying that the McCann story doesn't ring completely true, or that there has always been this or that, that didn't seem to fit, was a bit odd. There are also those that believe the McCanns completely innocent, at the end of it all, all that matters is the truth! and surely it's not possible for the police to lie about evidence. In the end as long as what happened to Madeline is proved, no matter how terrible the outcome, as long as its the 100% truth thats what is most important.

I agree dad,but will we ever know the proper truth?Maybe not.

If say,they do get charged,and they did get found guilty,whether they are guilty or not,i don't reckon they would admit any involvement anyway.

I must agree, its sickening to think of ifs and buts. Speaking as a parent hope it's all total bull and that they find Madeleine some how still alive and unharmed, though yes i do see that is such a slim chance, but the alternative is so very sad.

and surely it's not possible for the police to lie about evidence.

Ever hear of the West Midlands Serious Crime Squad? (So called because of all the serious crimes they committed....)

Well, things like that don't go on in the British police force nowadays, because we've been through it, seen the results, and put a stop to it all. Whether it still goes on in Portugal, I'm not qualified to say, but it's hardly a banana republic, for all that it was a military dictatorship until thirty years ago.

Speaking as a parent hope it's all total bull and that they find Madeleine some how still alive and unharmed, though yes i do see that is such a slim chance, but the alternative is so very sad.

I'd like to believe that there is still even a slim chance of her being alive, but ... I can't. If the McCanns are responsible, it can only be for her death (accidental or deliiberate): you don't hide your own child in order to start a police search for her.

Whereas if she was abducted by strangers - be it a loner, a paedophile ring, or whatever - the vast amount of media coverage within the first couple of days would surely have prompted anyone with any brains to quickly dig a deep hole in a field somewhere.

Madeleine McCann died of an overdose of sleeping pills, it was reported tonight.

A respected French newspaper said it had seen evidence that body fluids found in the boot of her parents' hire car proved the missing girl had been sedated.

France Soir said DNA analysis of the fluids showed the four-year-old had ingested larged quantities of sleeping pills.

The newspaper said it had seen "hard evidence", now in the hands of the Portuguese authorities, about Madeleine's "death".

More:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=481642&in_page_id=1811&ct=5

Original source for Francophones:

http://www.francesoir.fr/faits-divers/2007/09/13/maddie-serait-morte-d-une-overdose.html

Archived