Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

OK I understand that but what on earth could motivate anyone to do that ? I cant understand how or why it would have / could have happened like that tbh.

So no, I dont & wont buy into that theory at all, not for a second. I wont believe they have done it until they stand up & say they did.

I'd find it very odd if you could understand the motivation; aren't most deaths at the hands of another difficult to comprehend? To allegedly accidentally kill a child then cover up the death in such a blaze of publicity is bizarre.

However, I can understand how the suggested scenario might occur, and how someone with a given psychology and personality might have the intelligence to carry it out, and the arrogance to assume they would go undetected.

The forensic details now in the public domain are certainly suggestive. It will be interesting to see if they're confirmed and elaborated upon in the coming weeks.

Nope I can't buy into that at all. Nothing could motivate me into hiding my childs body after I had 'accidently' killed them.

I think there is far too much emphasis being placed upon the fact that they are Doctors & can & do remain calm in a crisis. This is not a crisis, this is their child, their world. Very very different to losing a patient on an operating table, or telling one of your practice patients that they have cancer.

But what would they do if they found their little girl dead after sedating her with what they presumed was a safe dose of something. They're doctors so they don't need someone else to come and try to resuscitate her.. maybe they could have called an ambulance for an adrenaline shot or something (you can tell I learnt my first aid from Pulp Fiction) but maybe they realised she had been dead too long and there was no chance of bringing her back to life. What would they do then? Think about the consequences of their actions and think about a way out.... and there aren't that many choices at that point.

The forensic details now in the public domain are certainly suggestive. It will be interesting to see if they're confirmed and elaborated upon in the coming weeks.

Suggestive is correct, too much in the way of if's, but's & maybe's.

I Hope all the assumptions are incorrect.

...I can't imagine the McCanns have anything to do with Madeleines disappearance.

No, I can't imagine how parents abuse and kill their children and foster children, but it does happen. That it's horrific and virtually impossible to understand, doesn't mean that it's implausible.

Suggestive is correct, too much in the way of if's, but's & maybe's.

I Hope all the assumptions are incorrect.

I think the only ifs buts and maybes are whether the forensic details are accurate. Given that it's possible to differentiate between hair from a decomposing body and a live person, if the reported finding of such hair in the hired car's boot is substantiated, it seems very damning.

I agree though that waiting for confirmation is much better than speculation based upon the reports of journalists.

But what would they do if they found their little girl dead after sedating her with what they presumed was a safe dose of something. They're doctors so they don't need someone else to come and try to resuscitate her.. maybe they could have called an ambulance for an adrenaline shot or something (you can tell I learnt my first aid from Pulp Fiction) but maybe they realised she had been dead too long and there was no chance of bringing her back to life. What would they do then? Think about the consequences of their actions and think about a way out.... and there aren't that many choices at that point.

I can't get my head around someone just 'dumping' the body of their much loved daughter in a strange country though. Surely no-one could do that.

I can't get my head around someone just 'dumping' the body of their much loved daughter in a strange country though. Surely no-one could do that.

But if they'd done all they could, what else is there for them to do but preserve their own freedom for the sake of their other children?

I hardly think they could have disposed of her body in an uncaring way.. I could however imagine them burying her somewhere.

I think the only ifs buts and maybes are whether the forensic details are accurate. Given that it's possible to differentiate between hair from a decomposing body and a live person, if the reported finding of such hair in the hired car's boot is substantiated, it seems very damning.

I agree though that waiting for confirmation is much better than speculation based upon the reports of journalists.

Well, not exactly Hecate, the question isn't automatically 'Are the forensics correct ?' more, 'Did the McCanns place a dead body in the car ?'

In one of my previous posts on the last page I think, I was wondering if someone who had hired the car previously had some involvement, or if someone who had access to the car during the time it was on hire to the McCanns ?

Well, not exactly Hecate, the question isn't automatically 'Are the forensics correct ?' more, 'Did the McCanns place a dead body in the car ?'

In one of my previous posts on the last page I think, I was wondering if someone who had hired the car previously had some involvement, or if someone who had access to the car during the time it was on hire to the McCanns ?

I tend to go on the principle that the simplest explanation is usually correct.

It seems rather unlikely that an as yet undiscovered murderer/abductor had the car prior to or immediately subsequent to the McCanns, or that the car was stolen or otherwise 'borrowed' for a sinister purpose by this person while it was in the McCann's possession.

Would the police not have investigated those who had hired the car in addition to the McCanns? If any of those were suspected, they would have been subject to a similar degree of investigation and we would have heard much about them by now, surely?

The McCanns are innocent until proven guilty by the court of law. The trash media are just drip feeding headline grabbing trash that is whipping the public up into a divided frenzy. The whole fisco has been a total ****-up and one poor child is still missing.:sad:

Archived