Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

I tend to go on the principle that the simplest explanation is usually correct.

Yes I agree, maybe I just don't want to see it

It seems rather unlikely that an as yet undiscovered murderer/abductor had the car prior to or immediately subsequent to the McCanns, or that the car was stolen or otherwise 'borrowed' for a sinister purpose by this person while it was in the McCann's possession.

Not really, very easy to do, as you say above, the simplest explanation....

Would the police not have investigated those who had hired the car in addition to the McCann's? If any of those were suspected, they would have been subject to a similar degree of investigation and we would have heard much about them by now, surely?

I would like to think so yes, but I personally believe they just want a resolution.

...Not really, very easy to do, as you say above, the simplest explanation....

...Is that the forensic evidence was deposited at the time when those closest to the child had access to the car.

...I would like to think so yes, but I personally believe they just want a resolution.

I do believe they want a resolution also, but given the extremely high profile of this case, the necessity to get this right must surely be the guiding principle.

The police and all concerned will be double and triple checking every single detail, not to mention the additional support provided by the UK authorities, all in the spotlight of the world's media.

I think if the PJ had found hair from a corpse in the car belonging to the McCanns then they would have been charged.

And the authorities are currently in the process of deciding that. It may very well be that they ARE charged, for exactly the reasons you suggest.

Am I just banging my head against a wall here then ? If it turns out they did then I obviously was. I guess I am desperately not wanting them to be guilty. Odd really, I dont know them, why should it make a difference ? But it just does, you know ?

Am I just banging my head against a wall here then ? If it turns out they did then I obviously was. I guess I am desperately not wanting them to be guilty. Odd really, I dont know them, why should it make a difference ? But it just does, you know ?

Well, it's completely understandable that you would want to believe that a child's parents are not implicated in her disappearance or death, particularly after the way in which they have been actively involved in perpetuating the 'stranger abduction' theory, worn the ribbons/bracelets etc.

As a life-long cynic, I expect the worst of people, and at the moment the evidence doesn't seem to be in their favour.

Thats the beauty of living in a democracy, we can all have our opinions and what ive said is mine. I can be far more venomous about the McCanns but i choose not to be for the fact i do appreciate not eveyone shares my view. All i will say is that they seem to be enjoying the limelight a little too much for my liking and i hope they never forget what their irrispnsable and neglectful actions have done to their little girl.

Lets just hope they keep a better eye on the other two.

The front page of the daily mirror,who seem to back the McCanns,have a lovely picture,look at it does that look like a woman who is avoiding publicity,a nice little..."hey Im here take your photograph,am I not gorgeous" would not go amiss in a caption competition, certainly not a picture of a bereaved/stressed out mother

The trash media are just drip feeding headline grabbing trash that is whipping the public up into a divided frenzy.

For 3-4 months all of the British media was sedated by the McCanns' very sophisticated publicity campaign. The pendulum is now swinging in the other direction.

It might be nice if the media operated in a more measured way. Some journalists should have done some sceptical probing early on in this story. If things had been reported in a more balanced way there might be less need for a 'frenzy' now.

Archived