Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

Am I just banging my head against a wall here then ? If it turns out they did then I obviously was. I guess I am desperately not wanting them to be guilty. Odd really, I dont know them, why should it make a difference ? But it just does, you know ?

But you do know them....the media has made sure of that.

This is what I meant the other night in one of my posts....it's Gerry and Kate.

Remember?

Not The McCanns, or Mr and Mrs.McCann....Gerry and Kate.

They're like old friends...

Both the Beeb and Sky made sure that we are "close"....that we feel their pain....

The whole coverage has become too close, too intimate.

I use my eyes and my intelligence..that is not a picture of a concerned mother..Have you seen it?

I think what you mean is, "this is not a picture of how I personally expect a concerned mother to look."

Since you never met the woman in question in your whole life and know absolutely jack diddly SQUAT about how she reacts to stress, it's utterly impossible for you to know if this is normal for her.

I think what you mean is, "this is not a picture of how I personally expect a concerned mother to look."

Since you never met the woman in question in your whole life and know absolutely jack diddly SQUAT about how she reacts to stress, it's utterly impossible for you to know if this is normal for her.

have you seen the picture?

have you seen the picture?

D'you mean this one? http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2007/09/13/hope-keeps-mccanns-going-89520-19783256/

If you do, to me it looks like a mother driving off with her children, who has just noticed a photographer. Certainly doesn't look posed. Kate McCann has looked less robust and increasingly thin and frail in the months since Madeleine disappeared. Just because she rarely cries in public, and doesn't look scruffy and unkempt doesn't mean she isn't feeling as much as someone who displays grief in a less dignified manner.

Her looks have nothing to do with her innocence or guilt in all of this.

Totally agree.

Madeleine is missing. We have no evidence she is dead. Just leaked contradictary 'information' from our friend the 'police source'.

I think if the PJ had found hair from a corpse in the car belonging to the McCanns then they would have been charged.

If you believe the reports the Police believe that they have evidence that Madeleine McCann was dead, in the boot of the McCann's car, leaking fluids that show an overdose of sedatives.

Now if that was incorrect wouldn't the Police say so? If we read between the lines the Police seem to think that they know what happened and they just need to provide sufficiently reliable evidence for a successful prosecution.

As regards being charged, well the Police know that they aren't going anywhere and they can see their movements on TV every day. It's common practice for the Police and their physiologists & criminologists to let suspects go about their daily business (bizarre as it may be in this case) to see what they do, how they react, who they talk to, how they look, what they say, etc. Many a killer has tripped themselves up through this technique.

As they say on TV - The truth is out there. We can't really form a reliable opinion from press reports (leaks or otherwise) but we can read between the lines.

If the Police are right the pressure will be immense - the McCann's know that they are going to jail in Portugal and other people in their party / acquaintance may join them in jail. They may confess, they may want to get it all over with. If they are the type of people who can cover up the death of their child they may stick it out.

One thing is for certain, the McCann's know whether or not they killed their child.

Other people in their party may also be under scrutiny before long, and if they know what happened and were not involved they might not be so keen to keep quiet.

D'you mean this one? http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2007/09/13/hope-keeps-mccanns-going-89520-19783256/

If you do, to me it looks like a mother driving off with her children, who has just noticed a photographer. Certainly doesn't look posed. Kate McCann has looked less robust and increasingly thin and frail in the months since Madeleine disappeared. Just because she rarely cries in public, and doesn't look scruffy and unkempt doesn't mean she isn't feeling as much as someone who displays grief in a less dignified manner.

Her looks have nothing to do with her innocence or guilt in all of this.

Thats the one and if thats not a fetching smile for the photographer then i had better go see an optician,its a look and smile thats says.."hey look at me im over here"...not ..."will you please leave me alone Im stressed out because my dughters missing and I am being accused of it when I am perfectly innocent".

Archived