Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

The front page of the daily mirror,who seem to back the McCanns,have a lovely picture,look at it does that look like a woman who is avoiding publicity,a nice little..."hey Im here take your photograph,am I not gorgeous" would not go amiss in a caption competition, certainly not a picture of a bereaved/stressed out mother

Rotherhamer your powers of observation never cease to amaze me you are an amazing slueth you really should get a job in the police profession or the like.Preferably in portugal you would fit in well.

1.those that believe the McCanns have something to do with the disappearance,irrespective of any obvious neglect

2.Those that believe the McCanns are innocent,again ignoring the obvious neglect

This "obvious neglect" that you mention, has been dismissed by the police as not neglect at all.

You do need a visit to the opticians i'm afraid. Thats no smile its a split second pic caught by one of the several photographers still following the McCanns. In the other angle of this image that on the Daily express story of the french papers report, you have the same teeth baring image, but actually see the strain and lined face of a stressed mother (for whatever she truly is stressed.) Covered possibly by the expensive but good quality make-up that covers dark marks under the eyes etc. Kate McCann seems to me more stressed since getting home, than from day one in Portugal when Madeleine went missing.

lets just agree to differ on our views of the picture eh, different thoughts about the case different perspective

You do need a visit to the opticians i'm afraid. Thats no smile its a split second pic caught by one of the several photographers still following the McCanns. In the other angle of this image that on the Daily express story of the french papers report, you have the same teeth baring image, but actually see the strain and lined face of a stressed mother (for whatever she truly is stressed.) Covered possibly by the expensive but good quality make-up that covers dark marks under the eyes etc. Kate McCann seems to me more stressed since getting home, than from day one in Portugal when Madeleine went missing.

I find it increasingly bizarre that the McCanns behaviour is being scrutinised to such an absurd degree. I haven't even bothered to look at whichever photograph you're talking about, but really to carry on as if either killers or the bereaved are somehow exempt from smiling/grimacing/baring their teeth or that if they do it's a sign of guilt is utterly bonkers.

Kate McCann seems more stressed since getting home?

Crikey, who'd have thought it!

This "obvious neglect" that you mention, has been dismissed by the police as not neglect at all.

Im not going to hammer this argument again but if leaving three small children unattended in an hotel room in a strange country for the length of time that these were left is not neglect,well I dont know what you would call it and how you would define neglect

Im not going to hammer this argument again but if leaving three small children unattended in an hotel room in a strange country for the length of time that these were left is not neglect,well I dont know what you would call it and how you would define neglect

Suggest you take that up with the police; they're a damn sight more official in their views than I am.

Or you are.

Suggest you take that up with the police; they're a damn sight more official in their views than I am.

Or you are.

The question of neglect takes two paths,criminal and moral,if for some reason the police dont want to pursue a neglect charge it still does not mean they are morally innocent of neglect

Am I just banging my head against a wall here then ? If it turns out they did then I obviously was. I guess I am desperately not wanting them to be guilty. Odd really, I dont know them, why should it make a difference ? But it just does, you know ?

I know, it seems terribly, terribly wrong if it was the parents after all this. But then the other scenario is utterly horrible as well. The thought Maddie might have been taken by a childless couple was always clutching at straws.

IF the McCanns are found to have been responsible for Maddie's disappearance, the way they've been behaving since seems almost inhuman, acting in a way that's almost impossible to take in. If it was a horrible accident, that's terrible of course, but accidents happen, and I'm sure we all would understand that. But to then try to cover it up to such a degree, and to be able to act so callously (IF they were responsible) then it offends at a very deep level all our ideas of what a parent/child relationship should be like.

Especially, for a strongly religious family to deny their child a decent Christian burial, seems almost inconceivable to me...

It's a real-life nightmare.

StarSparkle

Archived