Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

A chap on 5live was just talking about the DNA evidence in the hire care he said that "seeing that the McCanns moved house after the alleged abduction it would be very strange if you didn't find any DNA of Madeleine in the car"

Then I thought about it and it seemed so obvious, the McCann's possessions and the McCanns themselves would be completly contaminated with Madeleine's DNA, so when they moved house it would be expected to find Madeleine's DNA in the car they used to move.

Living in a small apartment for a week the floor and things would i imagine be covered in the occupants hair dead skin etc.I would think if the suitcases were put on the floor when they moved it was likely that some of this would would have been attached to the cases and other luggage.

What bothers me about this case is,if someone simply broke in the apartment and snatched Maddy and left for Spain,Morrocco etc..there would be no evidence(albeit hairs,fluids,blood etc),would there?

I know maybe some evidence could be circumstancial,but there just seems too much evidence against the parents for this to be the case,don't you think?

What bothers me about this case is,if someone simply broke in the apartment and snatched Maddy and left for Spain,Morrocco etc..there would be no evidence(albeit hairs,fluids,blood etc),would there?

I know maybe some evidence could be circumstancial,but there just seems too much evidence against the parents for this to be the case,don't you think?

What evidence is there agaisnt the parents?

OK I understand that but what on earth could motivate anyone to do that ? I cant understand how or why it would have / could have happened like that tbh.

So no, I dont & wont buy into that theory at all, not for a second. I wont believe they have done it until they stand up & say they did.

I think this is a little naive. Unfortunately it is the case that more often than not when a child is killed, it is one of their parents that is responsible, or someone else known to the parents/child. The number of children killed by strangers in very small indeed. Just because decent people like yourself can't understand the motivation, doesn't mean it can't be true. The police would have been truly negligant if they had not considered the parents as suspects. Of course this doesn't mean the McCanns are guilty - but it is a reasonable line of enquiry.

In reference to the DNA and other biological evidence, it's been reported that the forensic investigators have discovered 'body fluid' containing sedatives, and hair identified as being from a dead body. Previous posts in this thread have described how such hair can be distinguished from that from a live person.

I'm sure the forensic experts and the police have taken into account the background levels of trace DNA contamination from naturally-shed hairs etc.

It will be interesting to see when and how much of the reported forensics evidence is confirmed. Presumably that will only take place at a trial.

In reference to the DNA and other biological evidence, it's been reported that the forensic investigators have discovered 'body fluid' containing sedatives, and hair identified as being from a dead body. Previous posts in this thread have described how such hair can be distinguished from that from a live person.

I'm sure the forensic experts and the police have taken into account the background levels of trace DNA contamination from naturally-shed hairs etc.

It will be interesting to see when and how much of the reported forensics evidence is confirmed. Presumably that will only take place at a trial.

Is the body fluid identified as Madeleine's, or simply 'body fluid'?? I'm sure the McCann's would be using sedatives after such a tragic event.

Archived